Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did You Attend Any Of The Following At The Goldstone?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Two things about the Bournemouth game. The first was the usual moan - everything from the local TV companies in Southampton was, as usual, about Bournemouth and how wonderful they were, and how Boyer and Macdougall were the second coming of John the Baptist and Jesus H Christ. We barely rated a mention, so to stuff one of Solent TV's pet teams was a great satisfaction - almost as good as beating them to promotion at the end of the season.

And second, of course, was Kit Napier's magnificent diving header in front of the South stand to round off a speedy attack down the right (remember them?)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bournemouth 1971. On the terraces at the south end of the west stand. 35,000 plus crowd. Couldn't see much to be honest. Great day though - we won!

Oh ...i was in the same area.....cold day if i remember ..not unheard of in December :)

PS u sure about that crowd figure

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bumped into Brain Bromley in the guest house we were staying in Newquay in the close season nice guy nice bird . if my memory serves me right the 71 Bournemouth game the North Stand had been chased out and then a small group lads game in from the chicken run and you could transfer in those days and a Brighton lad called I think Freddy the mouth piece always asked other fans for sixpence for cup tea asked for help but unfortunately the guys walked in front of the Bournemouth who charged down the terrace and a fight broke out and the fans ended up on the pitch. I would agree in the early days Bournemouth and Luton were our rivals. All though they had been great times I am glad it's just banter these days as football has changed and safer.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Some of the songs/chanting was great in those days. Not repeatable on here now, but McDFougall that day came in for some fearsome stick. There's nothing he likes better than...... as we bounced down the North Stand terracing. Interestingly first time i'd ever seen the ladies have a scrap at a game. Seem to remeber Argus had a field day with photos etc. Kit a great diving header in the South Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here