Did the TV companies make a massive mistake not showing our game?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Yes, I know a lot of our fans that couldn't make it there would have streamed the games. However, there are many people in the country that won't have watched the whole game, and will just see a highlight package. But personally, that was what the FA cup is all about. To have Stoke v Man City and Man U v Fulham both televised is IMO wrong, both Premiership fixtures. Just look at the Stoke attendance earlier, about 1/4 of the ground not filled in a poor game with low intensity. Whereas in our game Arsenal knew we'd give them a good game.

I understand the commercial short term gains that sponsors will pay more for a Man U game on tv because there are more Man U fans in the country. But with dwindling support from some clubs in the FA cup, and slightly weakened sides, people have argued that the FA cup is losing it's value. Having our game live on tv for all today to watch may have gone some way to making people fall back in love with the FA cup proper again!

Slight rant over. Just feel very poor from TV companies.

P.s. Ulloa looked extremely handy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
ITV picked the game before the result of the Stoke v Palace replay was known. They were looking forward to Man City scoring double figures at Smellhurst.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yep all about the money and there are more Man U and now Man city popped up. Did think there would be a case to say Arsenal would be as big a draw as those two but their loss! We all got to see it on streams if not at the Amex I'm sure. Always the way, every country in the world gets the game EXCEPT the UK :shrug:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think they should have showed it but i also think they'll probably get over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports