Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did the Premier League cause the fixture congestion or the other clubs or our club?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Last night's game should have been played on February 25th. There seems to me to have been at least 3 midweek dates in March and April we could have played this game, notwithstanding the rearranged Bournemouth and Palace games which were also fitted in then.
I don't think anything could have been done about the dates of Man U and City, but this game definitely should have been played earlier. I know it was a Sky pick , so was it TV dictating this date, rather than us? If so, it is rather annoying.

Not sure it is the TV given some of the weird televised games days and times wouldn't be preferable to Sky/BT

There used to be a rule in place that games couldn't be played at the same time as CL games without a fine, was lifted for covid, but don't know if it's back in place.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Like many I've been baffled why some of our rearranged games took so look to be arranged. It is clear this is going to make it very difficult for us. We had virtually no mid week games during the January to March period when we could have caught up with some of these. It feels as though we were done over because the opposing teams were teams were in Europe etc but why should we have to suffer for that? And also Newcastle were not in Europe so why not that one earlier. I've never heard whether it was our club, the other clubs or the Premier League that insisted that we had to wait?

The Newcastle and Man City games were moved because of the league cup final and FA Cup. These couldn’t have been moved forward as the outcomes of games had not happened yet.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Not much we can do other than increase squad size.

To be honest, the break we had due to rail strike and Queen was actually quite handy at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here