Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

did anyone else see....

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
john motson in the west stand concourse? eating a hot dog all alone in the corner, cant understand why unless he was there with sky or something.

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
i sat behind john motson, he was there as a vip guest. I asked him what he thought of our new stadium. His reply was its alright not as good as Milton keynes or a few other stadiums. left his seat just before halftime and diddnt return. Overall seemed quite gumpy, also said Sky wouldnt want to do many matches if our shirts numbers wernt clearer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i sat behind john motson, he was there as a vip guest. I asked him what he thought of our new stadium. His reply was its alright not as good as Milton keynes or a few other stadiums. left his seat just before halftime and diddnt return. Overall seemed quite gumpy, also said Sky wouldnt want to do many matches if our shirts numbers wernt clearer

I hope you politely pointed out that it was a one off retro kit just for the occasion?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Motty has connections in Sussex, his dad was a Methodist minister here for quite some time.

Years ago, I went to see Motty do a Q & A at his dad's hall, all as you'd expect, until the speaker stood at the end and said:-

'Well thank you all for coming, quite a turn out.
I hope you'll all think about coming next week when Joe Bloggs will discussing his life in Guernsey, during the war years and THE LIGHTER SIDE OF NAZI OCCUPATION'

I didn't go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sounds like a miserable old fucker, no suprise he is hanging around with Des Lynham..

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Why's he concerning himself with Sky? He works for the Beeb...

And in any case these were commemorative shirts and NOT what we'll be wearing next week. Clearly the master stas and facts man has lost the plot...

chairman

Mar 5, 2009
lostwithiel cornwall
was taken aback with his comments about our new home, but sitting in wsl i could see what he may have ment as the other 3 sides look quite small. Gary Hobson was sitting next to me and I asked him what it was like when he was on the centre circle looking up at the west stand. He said it looked tremendous

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
but I thought the retro kit was great! I was hoping it would be the same for the whole season...brought back a lot of memories.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
was taken aback with his comments about our new home, but sitting in wsl i could see what he may have ment as the other 3 sides look quite small. Gary Hobson was sitting next to me and I asked him what it was like when he was on the centre circle looking up at the west stand. He said it looked tremendous

I would say that although the WSU probably have the better view of the pitch, us in the East get to see the the West in it's full glory and I have to say it is very impressive when you look up at the massive full stand. I can understand that for those in the West it's probably not as impressive looking down on the East, North and South. Hopefully when the next tear goes up in the East it'll give you something to look at!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I would say that although the WSU probably have the better view of the pitch, us in the East get to see the the West in it's full glory and I have to say it is very impressive when you look up at the massive full stand. I can understand that for those in the West it's probably not as impressive looking down on the East, North and South. Hopefully when the next tear goes up in the East it'll give you something to look at!

Lets hope the football is good enough we won't have to marvel at the stands

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
He used to use a video shop in Western Road Hove I worked in the late 80's he was always a misrable sod then!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

excellent news - sky can just f@@k off

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Why's he concerning himself with Sky? He works for the Beeb...

And in any case these were commemorative shirts and NOT what we'll be wearing next week. Clearly the master stas and facts man has lost the plot...

and the "usual" shirts for next season have a great big blue square on the back when we coud put big numbers - suprised no-one's though t of that

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I do wonder if there's a touch of the Asperger's about Motty

Obsessional attention to statistics and facts
Appearing miserable to people
Re: MK Dons comment, where most people would think, "No, it's their day, tell em it's great"; he's doing what he thinks is right, and telling the truth as he sees it, regardless

Edit: just want to highlight the "as he sees it" before anyone has a go at me

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
There were quite a few famous faces in WSL Block I near the front. The only ones I could name were Des Lynam and John Motson, but a few I recognised. Didn't pay too much attention to them to be fair.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
John Motson, the man who gave us stunning commentary, including...

'And Seaman, just like a falling oak, manages to change direction.

'Brazil - they're so good it's like they are running round the pitch playing with themselves.

'I think this could be our best victory over Germany since the war.

'It looks like a one man show here, although there are two men involved.

'Its Arsenal 0 - Everton 1, and the longer it stays like that the more you've got to fancy Everton.

'Nearly all the Brazilian supporters are wearing yellow shirts - it's a fabulous kaleidoscope of colour.

'Not the first half you might have expected, even though the score might suggest that it was.

'That shot might not have been as good as it might have been.

'The goals made such a difference to the way this game went.

'The match has become quite unpredictable, but it still looks as though Arsenal will win the cup.

'The World Cup is a truly International event.

'There is still nothing on the proverbial scoreboard.​

:clap:

Genius. Would give David Coleman a run for his money!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here