Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did anyone else hear ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
That on the transfer deadline afternoon Mr McGhee was trying to sign a player and NO one could get through to Dick Knights phone. Was it turned off on purpose ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I blame the United Nations for this :angry: :angry: :angry:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe his battery was flat ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
junior said:
Maybe he had no signal.It's happened to me a few times!

Seriously...where do people hear this rubbish?

Junior, I have it on very good authority that people were trying to get hold of Dick Knight on the afternoon of the the transfer deadline to try and sign a player and they couldn't get hold of Mr knight. I also hope this is rubbish.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
oapdodge said:
Junior, I have it on very good authority that people were trying to get hold of Dick Knight on the afternoon of the the transfer deadline to try and sign a player and they couldn't get hold of Mr knight. I also hope this is rubbish.

Question : If you have it on good authority then why hope it's rubbish ?

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Because I would hate to think that certain sections of the club are working against each other. If Mark McGhee has found a player to sign and Dick Knight decides that he isn't going to sign him. Would he possibly deliberately not answer his phone ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
oapdodge said:
Because I would hate to think that certain sections of the club are working against each other. If Mark McGhee has found a player to sign and Dick Knight decides that he isn't going to sign him. Would he possibly deliberately not answer his phone ?

Harty on the Burnley phone in made a comment about Dick going away on holiday during the final week of the deadline.
Perhaps that was the reason he could not be contacted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here