Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Did anyone else forget?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That today is the 1,181st anniversary of Charles the Bald and Louis The German swearing the Oaths of Strasbourg? Not at all we celebrate that every year and shame on anyone who doesn't.
They were some bloody good oaths sworn that day to be fair.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes. First time in 22 years together. Needless to say I’m in the dog house. Will be visiting a florist on way home from London tomorrow 😂

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I found this gift online....

Attachments

• 2944FC0B-3A7C-427C-BD49-8B3EF0B3BCED.jpeg
    2944FC0B-3A7C-427C-BD49-8B3EF0B3BCED.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 29

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Valentine’s is anonymous as yet unrealised love.

Never quite understood why it applies to people in marriage or long term relationships.

I love you.
I should f***ing hope so we’ve been married 20 years!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Who has been out for a rip off meal that was of a shit standard?

Not me, we celebrated last weekend to avoid disappointment and rip off prices :smile:

It was lovely!
Tbf, all meals I've been out for recently, have been a rip-off. I just can't get used to today's prices.

With one notable exception. The Port Kitchen, Southwick. Smoked haddock (properly smoked, not dyed), on a large portion of 'house' black pudding, accompanied by two poached eggs. Fan - bloody - tastic.

Jul 7, 2003
Who has been out for a rip off meal that was of a shit standard?

Not me, we celebrated last weekend to avoid disappointment and rip off prices :smile:

It was lovely!
Got Mrs DCH a card for today. I've always bought her flowers throughout the year so no need to pay through the nose for some today (or if I am in the doghouse).

Cooked a nice meal on Saturday for her and we will go out for dinner on Friday.

We never go out on 14th Feb - who wants an overpriced set menu with a manky rose thrown in when you can have the proper menu a day or two either side.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I bought the pancake mix this morning !
My missus being as romantic as me knew today was some kind of event and ventured pancake day as a suggestion.
I rolled with it and made pancakes. Using eggs flour and milk because I'm not a dribbling halfwit mind.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
After a few secretly probing questions over the last few days, instead of flowers, I got her in doors a selection of herbs to plant in her new planter bed thingy I got her for Christmas.
She was very happy.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Tbf, all meals I've been out for recently, have been a rip-off. I just can't get used to today's prices.

With one notable exception. The Port Kitchen, Southwick. Smoked haddock (properly smoked, not dyed), on a large portion of 'house' black pudding, accompanied by two poached eggs. Fan - bloody - tastic.
£12. Decent value.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This year, I decided to plot a graph of my previous relationships to find out where I've been going wrong.

It's got an ex-axis and a why-axis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here