Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did anyone actually ask Graham for an apology?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The review in The Times today is all about Potter and the superb Albion performance didn’t get a mention.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-clips-the-wings-of-raheem-sterling-6dn6v6wkg

The Sunday Times yesterday on Albion

"De Zerbi’s team were breathtaking at times, clinical in attack and comfortably in control, holding Chelsea at bay as Potter made moves from the sidelines without success.

“The beautiful beast he formed over the past three years turned on its creator and swallowed him whole, much to the delight of those who once cheered his name.”

Come on. There's been plenty of praise for Albion /De Zerbi's tactics/play all over the press/podcasts/radio/TV.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can't say I've read a newspaper for at least 10 years so I can imagine the News of the World write up.

Chelsea shit themselves on the pitch then ask Potter to get out his magic broom.

Or something like that :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s NSC though isn’t it? No one with any semblance of a life would give this place more than a passing glance, let alone post on here. The same stuff gets regurgitated again and again by the same clucking hens regardless of the topic. It’s like some Z-list Swedish soap opera, but with slightly duller characters who lack any sense of self-awareness and all think they’ve hit the money shot every time they post, sitting back smug at their ‘keyboards’ anticipating the likes flooding in. Pottergate is manna from heaven/SW1 for Bozza.
So why are you here then?

Just asking, like .............. :wink: :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yup, you can find in various threads a bunch of people who said that if he had made an apology they would be fine with him leaving etc. Which isn't true of course, but doesn't prevent people from thinking it.

Question is not if he would be forgiven but if people would let him go. Every week I go to a friend who was left by his girlfriend in February. He says he got over her and now got a bunch of other chicks and then usually proceeds to talk for about an hour and a half about how evil she was and their latest interactions etc. My judgement is that he is not quite over it. It looks very similar here. All these people saying "I didn't warm to him" etc. only to go on and write a dozen posts about him, one day after a magnificent 4-1 win over Chelsea under the reign of a new manager.

He may be pathetic, evil, cold, incompetent and everything you want but what the f*** does that make you who keep endlessly going about him analyzing every move, every gesture, every personality trait you invent for him?
To be fair, he made a comment about us, because he was asked about the crowd reaction, and we are responding mostly to that. I don't feel he owes us anything further, we got £20M and a manager upgrade in my opinion, but he has no right to expect us to think well of him. He left for him, he took other staff to support him, he dropped our players and club, because it suited his interests well to do so, regardless of what the outcome would be for his former players and club.
He has no right to expect any warmth from us anymore and if he was surprised that it was a bit hostile, he is a fool. I personally would have replied to that question that it was kind of expected but that he hoped eventually we would remember the good things he did here more than his abrupt departure, but maybe I am a bit more mature and emotionally intelligent than Graham, and less butt-hurt about being booed.

We have absolutely nothing to apologise for, we supported him despite that for 2 seasons the results were no better than the results the previous manager lost his job for, we gave him an opportunity to impress, put money in his bank, recruited well for him and made him a better manager than when he arrived, but the opportunity to give him some shit was too good to turn down.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
To be fair, he made a comment about us, because he was asked about the crowd reaction, and we are responding mostly to that. I don't feel he owes us anything further, we got £20M and a manager upgrade in my opinion, but he has no right to expect us to think well of him. He left for him, he took other staff to support him, he dropped our players and club, because it suited his interests well to do so, regardless of what the outcome would be for his former players and club.
He has no right to expect any warmth from us anymore and if he was surprised that it was a bit hostile, he is a fool. I personally would have replied to that question that it was kind of expected but that he hoped eventually we would remember the good things he did here more than his abrupt departure, but maybe I am a bit more mature and emotionally intelligent than Graham, and less butt-hurt about being booed.

We have absolutely nothing to apologise for, we supported him despite that for 2 seasons the results were no better than the results the previous manager lost his job for, we gave him an opportunity to impress, put money in his bank, recruited well for him and made him a better manager than when he arrived, but the opportunity to give him some shit was too good to turn down.
You don't have anything to apologise for and neither does he :shrug: Pretty simple

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If he had an ounce of emotional intelligence he would have subbed Cucurella at H/T and not sent him back out ton the slaughter just to drag him off and face the walk of shame in front of the baying Albion faithful. Real dick move.
Totally agree. Potter showed a complete lack of people management. Cucurella was shot to pieces yet he left him out there. Saying that there's an arrogance about Potter that is there for all to see.

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Yeah it's the same as with your mate.

Mentally we have moved on and emotionally we are very happy with our new manager.
But there is a nagging, spiteful memory of the pain of rejection that makes us lash out and fixate on GP.

Hopefully Saturday's catharsis will help us move on properly, but some of us might just enjoy his humiliation for a couple more days.
We aren't all emotionally intelligent saints.
How do you become an emotionally intelligent Saint? Do you have to be an emotionally intelligent Monk, Nun or Vicar first? Or perform a miracle whilst being emotionally intelligent?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
The Observer report showed some understanding of our perspective.

' There were jeers for Marc Cucurella, vitriol for Potter and his coaches, and the venomous atmosphere lifted Brighton, whose overriding aim appeared to be forcing anyone tempted to call them Chelsea’s feeder club to think again.
The week, after all, had started with Chelsea looking to hire Brighton’s director of recruitment, Paul Winstanley. The dynamic has felt dispiriting, a member of the elite using their deep pockets to outmanoeuvre a smaller rival, and Brighton had a point to prove. '

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You don't have anything to apologise for and neither does he :shrug: Pretty simple
I know, I just decided to make a post suggesting that Potter was asking for an apology because it suited my attempts to make him look like an ungrateful spiteful little shit, why do you think he made out we were asking for an apology?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I know, I just decided to make a post suggesting that Potter was asking for an apology because it suited my attempts to make him look like an ungrateful spiteful little shit, why do you think he made out we were asking for an apology?
Because he is a logical person. If 25 000-30 000 people boo you, it is almost as if they think you've done something wrong, and when you've done something wrong you're supposed to apologise.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Because he is a logical person. If 25 000-30 000 people boo you, it is almost as if they think you've done something wrong, and when you've done something wrong you're supposed to apologise.
Well firstly I think you need to adjust your figures…I doubt the Chelsea fans did….well at the start anyway….not sure that the majority of the home fans did either.
Personally I think he would have been better off in laughing it off ..still losing 4/1 must have hurt so perhaps he was in a ‘weak moment’..though it’s helped deflect some of the criticism that could be levied at his poor management of his team on Saturday

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Him saying he has nothing to apologise for is just a turn of phrase.

Really is time to drop it and grow up a little.

He had every right to leave for a top job. The fans at the AMEX had every right to have a jolly good boo. And we all enjoyed a thumping win over Chelsea. Life moves on.

Good luck to him, but not at our expense. Which it wasn't.
This with bells on.

Did anyone really expect him to stay put or move on and not take his highly tuned backroom staff with him. Its what happens in the vast majority of managerial moves. Might not feel nice but not out of the ordinary. I can see why Bruno et al did as they did considering the huge team that RDZ brought with him.

I got chastised over the weekend for saying the atmosphere was toxic. I stand by that as the last time I experienced that was when we had owners who were trying to destroy our club. The two situations are vastly different as Brighton are now the victim of their own successes. If RDZ and team do a remarkable job he could be on his way to City in the next 4 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here