Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did Abramovich Save The Premiership?

THE GUNT

Aug 8, 2005
I think so! He bought Chelsea at a sort of Recession in the premiership where many of the clubs were struggling financially and paid clubs big money for players where teams were in hardship.

He also helped out a number of League sides like us by releasing players to clubs for next to nothing like Leon Knight to us.

People like him are good for football!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I will say that he has actually changed my apathy towards the Premier League to contempt.

Last edited:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
You're are joking. Football would have survived without him, a few more clubs may have had to learn the 'Leeds lesson', and we would have found somebody instead of Leon.

People like him are good for clubs like Chelsea, but for football in general I am yet to be persuaded!

THE GUNT

Aug 8, 2005
In terms of supporting Premiership teams I always used to be a Newcastle Supporter but now I am Chelsea Through and Through!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Of course he hasn't. All he's done is pump a portion of his vast wealth into making a good side a very good side.

They're only paying clubs big money for other players because everyone else knows that they're minted and up the asking price, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Can you really imagine him and Moriniho sitting there saying "well, they're a bit hard up, lets offer them a few more million for this player"?

THE GUNT

Aug 8, 2005
Grendel said:
Of course he hasn't. All he's done is pump a portion of his vast wealth into making a good side a very good side.

They're only paying clubs big money for other players because everyone else knows that they're minted and up the asking price, not out of the goodness of their hearts. Can you really imagine him and Moriniho sitting there saying "well, they're a bit hard up, lets offer them a few more million for this player"?

It is a very kind thing to do sharing your wealth

Oct 25, 2003
its trickle down economics really

but to say that he has saved clubs is wrong

true, man city, for example, are now £21m better off, however, most of this fee is being used to clear debts and therefore their squad is now weakened(vassell and cole are hardly decent replacements). City are now likely to finish way down the table in comparison to last season

chelsea get stronger, rest of the league gets weaker

Beeercan

Jul 14, 2005
Colchester
Well as far as i'm concerend, he's good because of what's happening to Man Utd now, and that the premiership is no longer between manure & arsenal, allthough it it keeps going on it'll just be a one horse race

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Football economics is all about wages. In the Premiership Turnover is through the roof compared with other leagues, however most clubs lose money because of high wages.

Abramovich is inflating wages, thereby making a bad situation worse. Look at Ferdinand - he knows Man Utd have bugger all chance of catching Chelsea without quality such as himself, thereby he holds Ferguson to ransom.

Oct 25, 2003
Beeercan said:
Well as far as i'm concerend, he's good because of what's happening to Man Utd now, and that the premiership is no longer between manure & arsenal, allthough it it keeps going on it'll just be a one horse race

man u were past their peak anyway, their current blip in fortunes is more the result of an ageing squad and poor performances by key players last season last season

i believe man u will finish 2nd this season

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
THE GUNT said:
In terms of supporting Premiership teams I always used to be a Newcastle Supporter but now I am Chelsea Through and Through!

This is one of the worst attempts at a wind up ever.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I will say that he has actually changed my apathy towards the Premier League to contempt.

Thats just about sums up my attitude. Well done.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yes he has pumped a bloody lot into our football,its mostly all good,but chelsea get the pick of the best players:glare:

arsenal are still a better footballing side anyway:drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
tommy boy said:
arsenal may play better football but chelsea's system clearly works the best don't it?
Yeah long ball:lolol:
with the amount of quality chelsea have,you would think they could play some sort of attractive football:glare:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
maffew said:
whos this comedian?

I don't know but somebody's switched the 'g' and 'c' keys on his keyboard.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
I think Chelsea have somewhat ruined the Premiership, Reasons including those that have been mentioned about inflating wages.

The thing is that Chelsea can near enough buy any player they want, as they have so much cash. If one of their players gets injured for the season they can just buy a great player for an extortionate fee and carry on. I agreed with the whole issue that Wenger and Mourinho had when Wenger said that Wright-Phillips wasn't worth the money Chelsea paid for him.

Sure they have upped the standard of the best clubs in the premiership, but with no real work involved. Ok, Mourinho had to "gel" all the players together, but i don't think he has been as effective as managers such as Wenger or even Moyles, who have built their squad up on quite limited funds.

THE GUNT said:
It is a very kind thing to do sharing your wealth
It's not His wealth is it!He's plundered most of it from Russian peasants in freezing cold backwaters,bought Himself a seat in the Russian parliment,I can't wait for this tit to get banged up ,then watch all those Chelsea wankers swap their shit shirts for Man U and Arsenal ones again when the cash drys up,bunch of f***ing wankers:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here