Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick's Bar opening 12.30 Sat - Piranhas playing 7pm

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Dick's Bar is opening half an hour earlier on Sat at 12.30 pm in response to requests. The legendary Piranhas will be playing at 7pm and are really looking forward to it!
Incidentally the Dark Star Hophead WAS on in there last Saturday but because there were no pump clips everyone assumed it wasn't and they only sold 4 pints - but the Harveys sold out all over the stadium and we are breaking records for real ale consumption :) Hopefully there WILL be pump clips for Dark Star this Sat but whether or not - it's on.
To aid the beer consumption I'll be putting £500 behind the bar about the same time as the Piranhas start, to fulfill my pledge and toast our great new future. Hope to see some you there :)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Is it a ticket affair at 7pm?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Good to see that the bar is able to accomodate live bands.
Hope to see a few more in the near future. What is the capacity?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Good to see that the bar is able to accomodate live bands.
Hope to see a few more in the near future. What is the capacity?

250 - but a very spacious 250. The intention is very much to have live music/DJ sessions after many Saturday home games - catering for all tastes. Bands and DJs who want to get involved - please PM me or email attila[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION]thestockbroker.com. To make it work we need a core of reliable people up for this, both to play/DJ and run the PA system - I'm going to be gigging elsewhere after many of the games from Sept onwards and this needs to be a collective effort :)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Excellent.

Perfect venue size then for smaller lesser known bands. Will check it out Saturday.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
John, maybe this is an obvious question, but the last two days I've been up to the Amex at around 3pm to visit the club shop and both times Dick's Bar looks closed as the grey doors have no handle.

Am I missing something, as I thought it was open during the daytime on non matchdays too?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
John, maybe this is an obvious question, but the last two days I've been up to the Amex at around 3pm to visit the club shop and both times Dick's Bar looks closed as the grey doors have no handle.

Am I missing something, as I thought it was open during the daytime on non matchdays too?

Same til I learned to just go through the glass door of the reception to its right and go upstairs.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] - are you able to seek clarification on the kids situation as there were very clearly quite a few in there on Saturday pre-match, but also reports of some families being turned away at the door. Whatever the policy is, it needs to be implemented consistently.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Would love to go after the game but will have 2 grandsons with us so I assume we won't be able to get in.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
[MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] - are you able to seek clarification on the kids situation as there were very clearly quite a few in there on Saturday pre-match, but also reports of some families being turned away at the door. Whatever the policy is, it needs to be implemented consistently.

Have left a message with Elliott Moore asking for clarification.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing

I saw a family with an under-age kid (about 9-10) refused entry but in the bar there were a number of kids looking about 14-15. I guess the doormen weren't asking for ID but just turned away the obvious ones.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I didn't get in on Saturday as there was a huge queue and 250 people were already in there, even though I was there at 1pm. However, I asked the steward on the door and he said kids are allowed in.

Lewes Seagull

Jan 23, 2010
I was turned away with my 16 year old son after the match. The doorman was walking along the queue telling all that it was over 18's only.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here