Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dickensen gone to Gillingham 2 yr deal

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Standing there all smiles, holding up a Gillingham scarf. We're well rid of him, bloody Judas.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought it was odd too ... indeed anyone leaving the club right now. I'd have thought SH would want a week or two to get a view on what he's got to work with. Not as if the window is about to close

Sami had probably seen enough of Dickenson in the DS DVDs to know he wasn't going to break through into the first team squad.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Least we had some sense to invoke his contract clause extension so we received an undisclosed nominal fee.
If the club didn't take up the option of giving him another year he would have become a free agent as of tomorrow. Gillingham have signed him for nothing.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
DVD's of what? Northampton? Hardly going to tell him a lot and I doubt his few days in charge have had him looking too much at Dickenson

I still can't understand why he wouldn't have wanted to see him for a week on the training ground .. not as if he was a huge cash drain on the club.

Edit: note you said DS squad

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Clear last season that he wasnt going to be with us much longer and tbh it seems a reasonable decision. Why should youngsters automatically be given a chance with the first team when good judges are agreed that he doesnt have what is needed at this stage of his career. Hopefully we have a healthy sell-on but cant see how we justify weakening the first team just for the sake of it. Goodwin has 1 more season to make an impact I suspect and would not be surprised to see Maksimenko go if an offer comes in for him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him, really hope the club have some decent new players lined up. Mostly one way traffic at the moment and the re signing of three players, two of whom are not top of the Championship quality is hardly inspiring but it's a start I guess.

Worried that we will not invest too much of the Ulloa fee when he goes.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not fussed as think that will be his level once developed. Just as others getting a little worried. Even a single borderline bench sitter other than the CM would make me feel better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here