Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When will Dicks bar become Chez Tonys ?

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
This is the bloke who said Gus had a job lined up managing in a place with a Marina.
PINCH OF SALT.

Never said he was going to be offered it, or even take it did I??? Just one of the options that at that time was possibly available to him. Think his next appointment will be with his brief to discuss unfair dismissal, but you'll probably think otherwise.....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was referring to the last bit. I have no idea what is and isn't true. But it's quite a strong allegation to make.

Directors and shareholders usually make decent incomes from high profile projects - it's hardly a dodgy allegation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Directors and shareholders usually make decent incomes from high profile projects - it's hardly a dodgy allegation.

OK, I totally misunderstood what 'trousered away' meant as I've heard that in the context of something ilegal.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Would be surprised if DC made more money from the projects his firm worked on, than he paid into the Albion during the Withdean years.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Without any doubt, and looking back no credible reason was ever given for 2 stalwarts in Steve Ford and Alan Sanders "leaving" an institution that they were instrumental in setting up!

I knew about Steve Ford & Alan Sanders leaving, and they have been replaced by an ex Amex employee.
The club got planning permission for being a Community stadium and AITC is a charity and nothing to do with FFP.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Nobody can answer that question as nobody knows whether TB could or would have stepped in completely had the need arose.

We do know. From Mr Bloom himself. He said that he didn't have the cash to do this even when planning application was first granted. He said that when money was available, he used it and that is why he started investing in the late 2000s.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I hope AITC can get their act together on the admin side while they are still relatively small.

- Taking six weeks to open a letter (they eventually opened it while I was on the phone) and 8 weeks to cash a cheque

- Booked my son into a residential course in August back in May, and they can't even tell me what time drop-off or pick-up will be .. they said they didn't know yet, and wouldn't know until a week before the course started. Serious?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
I mentioned a few weeks ago that changes were afoot that would fundamentally alter some aspects of the club forever. This was the one I had in mind.

The club currently, are just one aspect of funding for aitc. Much comes from companies who see this as a means to meet their corporate, social responsibility goals, and other large amounts come from third sector groups.

For those bemoaning the organisation, recently a premier league club in London advertised a senior role in their community scheme. Of the 42 applicants, the final 6 contained 4 from aitc. That says two things.

1) the team can't be that bad if 4 people from one organisation are shortlisted for a major bigger role

2) why are so many good people wanting to leave now

The latter, I believe, is down to some rather horrific involvement of people from the main club.

D

Deleted member 2719

From what I gather he was pretty dictatorial and forceful about having his own way when he was in overall charge here so I guess what comes around goes around?

Sounds about right, you had better look out thou the Dick lickers will be after yer.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The latter, I believe, is down to some rather horrific involvement of people from the main club.

The word I heard (from an employee of the Club, not AITC) was "horrendous".

I've been slated previously for saying it but there are unsavory things happening at the Albion !

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Sounds about right, you had better look out thou the Dick lickers will be after yer.

I don't think him being a single minded control freak has ever been in doubt. Its not a case of lickers or groovy gang. The club received planning permission on the vision of a community club. We have an award winning charitable community scheme that presents the club in a very positive light and helps grow the fanbase and elicits loyalty to the club.

The club seems to want to run things differently - that's partly up to them unless they take it out of charitable status in which case its fully up to them. Its a question as to whether a money making version will engender the same positive results

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here