Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dick Knight stripped of BHAFC presidency for 10 games

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
A 10 game ban is probably something of a blessing in disguise the way we're playing atm!
There'a a part of me that loves seeing that side of Dick. That attitude got us Falmer.
This was largely my reaction this morning. He stands up for himself and doesn't allow himself to be quietened down or allow injustices to stand. He had a valid ticket for the match but wasn't able to access it, so he dug in and wasn't going to be stopped. It's exactly those qualities which kept our club alive in the 90s.

If Dick wants to be a cantankerous old man then good for him and good luck to him. This ban is a mistake and terrible PR. How many of us knew of the "incident" before this statement this morning? Who cares what happens on social media. Let the man explain the context of the situation, apologise for the language used to placate people and then we all move on with our lives.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Think you should read the tweet properly, he does say ‘appears’ to be self imposed which clearly indicates he isn’t fully sure how much the club were involved with the banning order.
So he didn’t know the facts before posting his tweet, isn’t that what I said.

Regardless this should have been sorted out with a quiet word rather than what we’ve got.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd like to see some sort of collective letter written to the club to voice disapproval. Perhaps someone on the FAB can advise on the best process for doing so? Are any of the reps on NSC?
I see what you're saying, but it would only serve to prolongue the shitstorm, and just add fuel to make it an even bigger story than it needs to be. DK has accepted the punishment and most likely just wants to put it behind him and move on (his statement ending with the remark that he will make no further comment on the matter would point to this). A fans campaign, whilst well-meaning, would just drag this out by creating more unwelcome publicity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There'a a part of me that loves seeing that side of Dick. That attitude got us Falmer.
Indeed, I remember what I THINK was a joke that DK told everyone how many sugars to put in their coffee in the Albion boardroom meetings. :smile:

You need to be a hard nosed, confrontational businessman to have seen the Albion through after the rape and pillage of Archer and Stanley. Being a control freak probably helps too.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Maybe I've missed something but I didn't feel he was THAT bad in the video.

"FAM BRUV Brrrrup Bruuuup Ya'Get me?" on the camera however made it seem a lot worse with his Ali G commentary

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm frankly astonished at some of the posters on this thread belittling and diminishing just what Dick Knight did for this club in its darkest hour, and all across the Gory Years of Gillingham and Withdean. A lifelong fan who stepped in when the club was on life support, and led the way to where we are now. No, he didn't do it all on his own, but he was the figurehead and driving force when BHAFC was absolutely on its arse.

Now here we are, in 2022, he must be punished for getting the hump about his ticket not scanning at an away game.

Incredible.
Few are disputing his contribution to the club; more his actions
my uncle and his group did at the Chelsea game
If you look like a wrong ‘un then
Slightly daft of the person to post a video without actually knowing the full context behind it. But that's generally how social media works, sadly. Hopefully a lesson for that guy.
the lesson isn’t pi
Indeed, I remember what I THINK was a joke that DK told everyone how many sugars to put in their coffee in the Albion boardroom meetings. :smile:

You need to be a hard nosed, confrontational businessman to have seen the Albion through after the rape and pillage of Archer and Stanley. Being a control freak probably helps too.
This is the same argument some people use to excuse footballer’s bad behavior. I don’t agree with that either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is the same argument some people use to excuse footballer’s bad behavior. I don’t agree with that either.
You might feel differently when you are over 80 and are trying to get into an event of a company you had saved and are being denied entry :shrug:

Absolutely no similarity to a dickhead footballer whose brains start below the waist on a pissed up night out.

In fact I have no idea how you can even make a comparison to a footballer’s behaviour based on what I posted

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You might feel differently when you are over 80 and are trying to get into an event of a company you had saved and are being denied entry :shrug:

Absolutely no similarity to a dickhead footballer whose brains start below the waist on a pissed up night out.

In fact I have no idea how you can even make a comparison to a footballer’s behaviour based on what I posted
I said the argument is the same. I didn’t say what DK did was the same as footballers behavior.

I'm struggling to see what he did that could be in any way viewed as a problem by anyone, especially not one that's worthy of a 10 game ban. Got annoyed ticket didn't work. Got annoyed at the implication he may have a fake / may not be who he said he was which is a bit of an indignity whoever you are. Swore in frustration but not at anyone, not about anyone, and not directed at undermining the process of checking tickets. The provocation was all from the goading of whoever filmed it. What's so bad from DK other than using one naughty word in an environment where tens of thousands will sing it (and worse) over and over again?
What’s bad is those high in the club who are trying to whitewash us of any passion so we sit on our hands and don’t swear.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
It is all completely, utterly ridiculous - like the away ticket ID business, the ridiculous fees and bureaucracy to share season tickets and the patronising, selective and nonsensical way we football fans are treated compared to fans of other sports. Dick got annoyed about it, don't blame him, he was maybe a bit over the top but after what he did for the club he has every right to be. Of course there are those who think everyone should be a shrinking violet and that expressing any kind of divergent opinion about the Premier League or getting angry about aspects of the ridiculous way modern football is run is 'arrogant' 'self promoting' 'immodest' 'not English' or some other lily livered bollocks ....all I'll say about that is if everyone had been like that 25 years ago we wouldn't have a club. Good on you Dick.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was there not a Dick Knight flag in the North stand some time a go? Could it be located for the Chelsea game?
This is what got organised in the NS for DK's 80th birthday. He loved it! Same again?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221022-073710_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221022-073710_Chrome.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 52

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
From what I have seen here and on social media, Barber is being blamed for this in a lot of places. But if it is a decision which has come from the top, then it is more likely to be Bloom, no?

The animosity between the two is not a secret. Bloom holds a grudge, as Benham/Poyet will tell you. Easy way to embarrass someone you don't like, banning them from being life president for 10 games

I will take myself off to church on Sunday to repent for this blasphemy
It's very often the way - Barber is the target when Bloom must have either decided on the action or at least have known about it.

I can't quite believe this is still dragging on, to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here