Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Share Dispute - Unnamed Director offer £0.01 per share

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
He wanted to be vice chairman as he felt that TB was inexperienced and needed help and advice.

......................................................, that he is written off as being a bitter old man.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

and Mr Knight is a bitter old man.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please can you clarify the comment you made that issuing shares during his tenure would have been too risky for investor fans? I don't recall reading that in the book. Where did you hear/read that?

I didn't. It's my opinion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree with that but as you well know I'm referring to the embittered old man he appears to have become now.

That's why I posted as well. We are all grateful for his dogged determination and tenacity. However as time passes he does appear to do himself no favours. His dream is being lived by someone else much like the majority of us. One would imagine for a reasonably wealthy chap that hits hard. Most of us are resigned to it from an early stage of life. TB though has many many times DK's wealth.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Whilst I find this whole episode very sad, I do think there is a lot of merit to the point of view that DK could have offered shares whilst chairman, and it is most certainly not a smokescreen - more a core concern.

As to whether DK could have offered shares whilst he was chairman only applies to speculation over his motives for selling them now. Why is DK's motive for selling any concern ler alone the 'core' one.

As far as I am concerned motive is irrelevant - the simple fact is that he now wants to sell a few of his shares to fans who also want to buy them - also fact is that someone is trying to block that sale.

Any sale will have little if any impact on the club or current shareholders, as EP has pointed out, and will have zero effect for fans not interested in buying them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here