Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight Share Dispute - Unnamed Director offer £0.01 per share

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All those thousands and thousands of people who fought tooth and nail for all those years only fought for the right for a football club to exist for the people of Brighton & Hove and Sussex and the wider world beyond. The fight didn't include the right to dictate how the club should conduct itself when the fight for existence was won. That's up to the club now. If they're smart, they'll continue to keep all these thousands and thousands of people onside. Because without the support of these people the club is nothing. These people ARE the club. Everyone else, whether they be players, managers, officials, directors, shareholders is just passing through. Club should never forget that.

Just to clarify, there are over 20,000 season ticket holders but only 270 people in DK's share offer. That is a very small percentage. Even if you take into account the average attendance at Withdean, 270 is still an insignificant percentage. I suspect the vast majority of fans, including those from the Withdean and Goldstone years don't really give two figs about this share shambles.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I completely agree with your statement. I too handed out / posted enough leaflets etc. What has changed though is that (if you use attendance as a measure of that), the people that ARE the club are now a 20% minority. The club are now trying to not forget the other 80% that have joined us in the last 3 years.

That is a bit conceited. Look at me I handed out leaflets so I'm a more important supporter than 80% of rest!!! Just to clarify, that 20% you refer to didn't all apply for shares. Odd that!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just hypothetically, .........

Typical...lets create some 'hypothetical' reasons for you ex FFA members (i.e. Dick Knights sidekicks and lapdogs since the granting of full planning for the Amex) to muddy the waters.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TB could easily afford to buy the shares at what was originally paid. It's not just DK but others including some long term (not well known) fans who pumped in a lot of cash for shares to save the club or help the club acquire better players in the Priestfield/Withdean years. This would be small fry compared to the rest of TB's investment.

With the much older (than TB) DK and some others being in their latter years so to speak, some want their money back. They are only going to get that with a buyout of the entire club by an outsider acquiring the entire share capital, or if TB plays ball and buys them out at the price originally paid - but TB's acumen / manoeuvring & controlling holding means he isn't prepared to & so being much younger with time on his side, looks like he's going to win this one. Only compunction on TB's part could change his apparent stance, but for DK, it looks like TB will never relent.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I completely agree with your statement. I too handed out / posted enough leaflets etc. What has changed though is that (if you use attendance as a measure of that), the people that ARE the club are now a 20% minority. The club are now trying to not forget the other 80% that have joined us in the last 3 years.

This - though I handed out more leaflets than you remember ;) we went to hangleton after patcham....Anyway, this is actually a good point. The People that really cared are only about 20% of current support and god forbid if it happened or we came close to again, the club would do well to remember it's this core that wouldn't desert the colours when the "enemy have overrun our position". Not that I think Palace would stand a chance... ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That is a bit conceited. Look at me I handed out leaflets so I'm a more important supporter than 80% of rest!!! Just to clarify, that 20% you refer to didn't all apply for shares. Odd that!

Why is it conceited - are we to feel ashamed that we got off our arses and did what we could when the clubs was on its knees? Jesus, better tell all those d day veterans to keep their mouths shut in a fortnight. FFS, you sir are an arse....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Typical...lets create some 'hypothetical' reasons for you ex FFA members (i.e. Dick Knights sidekicks and lapdogs since the granting of full planning for the Amex) to muddy the waters.

If you could turn back time........

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Wouldn't that be a good outcome ... if only it was possible? What seems to be riling DK is that the Club have initiated an expensive share valuation process involving Mazars, with DK having to pay a substantial part of the costs. The Club is claiming that DK is a party to bringing Mazars in, when the reality is that the whole process could have been avoided if sensible discussions had taken place. The "anonymous shareholder" is behind this piece of unpleasantness and my guess is that it has been set in train with the support of other major shareholders.

It's tit for tat. DK started this whole episode with his shit attempt at a publicity stunt which was an obvious dig at the club and it's new regime. The club sadly aren't being the bigger man and are getting their own back. It's all very embarrassing and that is before DK coming on here to try and turn people against the club which judging by the responses on this thread has kinda backfired.

DK is an intelligent man, surely he must realise that he is fighting a losing battle?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh well, it takes our minds off the play-off final we didn't qualify for tomorrow.

All very sad, and should have been argued about behind closed doors.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's tit for tat. DK started this whole episode with his shit attempt at a publicity stunt which was an obvious dig at the club and it's new regime. The club sadly aren't being the bigger man and are getting their own back. It's all very embarrassing and that is before DK coming on here to try and turn people against the club which judging by the responses on this thread has kinda backfired.

DK is an intelligent man, surely he must realise that he is fighting a losing battle?

Absolutely hypocritical to come spout this nonsense direct on NSC, besides surely the Inner Rectum should have been told first.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why is it conceited - are we to feel ashamed that we got off our arses and did what we could when the clubs was on its knees? Jesus, better tell all those d day veterans to keep their mouths shut in a fortnight. FFS, you sir are an arse....

1. Where did I say you should feel ashamed? Learn to read you idiot.
2. Most D-Day veterans I have ever seen interviewed show humility and don't go around boasting they are better than others because of what they did. You could learn a thing or two.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
To clarify, I think that Dick Knight's is being a bit silly in all this. So I'm not siding with him, so my questions on this are purely just that, questions. Anybody reading any motive into them is drawing a wrong conclusion

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not sure it's conceited. The point I was making to Tom and others who have his (and mine btw) point of view, is simply that there is a new breed of supporter in town (and that's fine, because that is what a new stadium will bring), and the club are thinking of them (cause that is where the money is), and that too is understandable.

And for the record, I didn't express an interest in DK shares, but for no other reason than (by acceptance) I was less passionate than the other 270 who did, and hats off to them.

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Good luck, I think you are going to need it.

I thought it was only tinpot clubs like Palace that had owners posting on message boards and creating more trouble than it is worth.

if you had half ownership of the club I would understand what you are saying, but your shareholding is so minute now that it is meaningless and for that small a shareholding to leave one person and be replaced by 300 is a ridiculous admin burden on the club, and one that they understandably are keen to avoid.

The club is already owned by fans. Which current shareholder is not every bit as big a fan of the club as all of us?

Our impression is that many of the current shareholders are in it to make money first, rather than being true "fans" of the club. Have to say we would certainly hold more trust in what Dick Knight says over TB and his cronies.
Surely we can't be the only ones wondering just what is going on at the club ie. why lose two managers before the end of two seasons running?
It's obvious that many questions asked by fans at fans' forums etc are given somewhat scant replies....call us suspicious, but could it be that Mr Bloom is somewhat nervous about having fans present at AGM's..what is there to hide??!
Very disappointing publicity for the club...neither side will come up smelling of roses from this one!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good luck to Dick, hope the club calm down a bit and let him sell the shares to fans.

My rugby club London Irish distributed shares to a few hundred of its fans (I was one) and the notion that it represents a big admin burden on a club is utter cobblers.

Which is what Dick could have done when we were strapped for cash, not just some sort of token gesture which never happened.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here