Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT OUT ? Just one little question for you....

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
alan partridge said:
i don't believe i'm reading this. right, so we're stable and look set to have a spanking new stadium.

you can always argue that dick knight didn't save the albion on his own, but why the feck are we stable and set to move into a new stadium

COS OF THE AWESOME JOB DICK KNIGHT HAS DONE!:dunce:

Because we're not stable and we don't have a new stadium thanks to the awsomely shite job Knight and Perry are making of running the club.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
alan partridge said:
i don't believe i'm reading this. right, so we're stable and look set to have a spanking new stadium.

you can always argue that dick knight didn't save the albion on his own, but why the feck are we stable and set to move into a new stadium

Because we're not stable and we don't have a new stadium thanks to the awsomely shite job Knight and Perry are making of running the club.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
alan partridge said:

No because we pay huge prices to watch and the club wasn't rearly in huge debt to start with was it as the sell of the goldstone got shot of huge debts.:p

Money which has come in!

fatboy 2 1/2 million
dick 1 1/2 million
zamora 1 million

Yes 5 million which helps the cause and if anyone is god its sir fatboy.

:drink: :drink:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
You can't deny the fact that dick stated that huge prices to get in was to help fund for players which hardly arrive bar the odd month loan players that keep cropping up.:(

Alan you beat me to it!
The MOST important thing in the club at the moment is our stability. We live (broadly) within our means and we don't go out and spend money we haven't got and haven't got a prayer of getting.
And who brought this stability to the club?
Never ever forget the other main thing DK did. He restructured the club so that no one individual could ever have total control - people seem to forget what happened when we didn't have that safeguard. Now if a mysterious millionaire does appear and wants to throw loads of money at us then he certainly isn't going to do this without having control. So unless we then change the set up of the club back to what it was in the old days that isn't going to happen.
If that's the price we pay for stability - which means we will still have a club to support in the future - then I for one think that's a price worth paying.
If there was no longer term alternative to the way we are at the moment then maybe the anti DK brigade would have some credibility, but there is.
Once we get Falmer, and we will, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. It won't be all milk and honey then, it will still take good (business) management - that's what we've got at the moment.
If we go down the route of spending large amounts of dosh we don't have we may well be able to buy a present, but we sure as hell won't have a future.

berkshire seagull said:
Thats where we continue to slowly get shot of the dead wood and yes it may be a slow process,but face it we have lost shite loads of money on shite players in recent years i.e kitson and barrett on loan and others.

You telling me that its a bad thing to buy a couple of decent players now dear o dear.:nono:

Naive is not the word. These players are all so concerned about the club that they will resign and waive any right to compensation for the rest of their contracts.

If a player is sold on a free transfer without him asking for it, he is due compensation. Your £400000 doesn't stretch too far now does it?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Cadiz Seagull said:
Alan you beat me to it!
The MOST important thing in the club at the moment is our stability. We live (broadly) within our means and we don't go out and spend money we haven't got and haven't got a prayer of getting.
And who brought this stability to the club?
Never ever forget the other main thing DK did. He restructured the club so that no one individual could ever have total control - people seem to forget what happened when we didn't have that safeguard. Now if a mysterious millionaire does appear and wants to throw loads of money at us then he certainly isn't going to do this without having control. So unless we then change the set up of the club back to what it was in the old days that isn't going to happen.
If that's the price we pay for stability - which means we will still have a club to support in the future - then I for one think that's a price worth paying.
If there was no longer term alternative to the way we are at the moment then maybe the anti DK brigade would have some credibility, but there is.
Once we get Falmer, and we will, there will be light at the end of the tunnel. It won't be all milk and honey then, it will still take good (business) management - that's what we've got at the moment.
If we go down the route of spending large amounts of dosh we don't have we may well be able to buy a present, but we sure as hell won't have a future.
O.k then awnser this?
What would have happened if fatboy wouldn't have put 2 1/2 million into the club please exsplain and think it through instead of making mr knight look good and above everyone else.:p

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
This is getting hot!!

IF DK had appointed SC at the beginning of last season instead of MH we wouldnt be where we are today,we would have had no need to sell BZ,although BZ would have gone at sometime,but no doubt a better price for a Div 1 striker than a Div 2 striker, and could of bought the likes of Ingarmarsson(£100,000)

So in a way DK is to blame as he keeps the purse strings so tight that he thought he could take the easy and cheapest option and appoint from within.

At the end of the day it his is fault we are in Div 2 by not appointing the right man in the first place,and as a footnote making no attempt to keep him when Reading came in,contrary to what DK said about prolonged discussions etc etc.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Great Cornholio said:
Naive is not the word. These players are all so concerned about the club that they will resign and waive any right to compensation for the rest of their contracts.

If a player is sold on a free transfer without him asking for it, he is due compensation. Your £400000 doesn't stretch too far now does it?
Yeah and who gave some of these mickey mouse players long contracts?:p

Ernest said:
Knight has got total control you muppet and that is the problem

If you are serious in your opinions and not just a one joke wonder on a wind up - answer the questions you are being asked and stop resorting to insults and rhetoric.

Who are these investors?
Why do they want to invest one month before a decision on the stadium is announced?
Are they existing fans or chancers after asset stripping and profiteering?
Explain how you know Dick Knight is in total control and that the other directors are so incompetent as to let him be?
Which players would you get rid of and how much would it cost in compensation?
How much will be invested and what structure would you put in place to stop the club going the way of Sheff Wed, Notts County, Oldham, Leeds etc.?
Do you have ANY actual proof of any of the spurious claims you make or are you guessing?
Why do you think you know best even though your opinions seem to be in the large minority?
Do you know anything about the basic planning process, let alone the process for a huge project?
Did you see fit to visit the Public Enquiry and see the infintessimal details the application had to go into?

I could go on but I await you reply with interest. I'm expecting to hear Dick Tight, Twat, Muppet and :salute: to be involved. Or the thread to go dead like so many others when your rhetoric is laid bare.

Prove me wrong.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
all if but and maybe we here now so it's what happens next what is the most important thing
the team is going to change but it will be a slow process mark mcghee does'nt seem like the sort of person who will let displays like yesterday go on for much longer.
players will be moved out and others brought in the first being kuipers but this will be unpopular
imho he will go and we see another striker signed pretty soon

berkshire seagull said:
Yeah and who gave some of these mickey mouse players long contracts?:p

Mickey Mouse players such as Mayo, Hart, Roberts and Carpenter? Can you produce a post from the time they were given new contracts showing your disapproval then? Were you one of the great minority of people who complained about signing Roberts? Or did you hail it as a great signing?

I agree that Oatway was a surprise but he has been very good this year and can't be blamed for the current problems. Jones has had a nightmare but again that couldn't have been forseen.

It's very easy to use hindsight and criticise decisions you didn't make. As I said, let's see your posts complaining about all of the decisions you complain about now.

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
you won't get a intelligent response of ernest it will just be his normal one line reply slatting a poster chairmen/players and not outlining his angle of the situation.

come on ernest give us a decent reply?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Fatboy has a large amount of shares now so dick isn't in full controll of the club.:)
It just pisses me off when all we ask is a bit of money for a couple of decent players and also why fatboy gets no credit for whopping in a large amount of money compared to dick.

You all no aswell as me that dick has fu-cked up many times although got away with it most of the time.

I don't like to back stab an albion fan like knight,but im just stating what i see.:)

berkshire seagull said:
Fatboy has a large amount of shares now so dick isn't in full controll of the club.:)
It just pisses me off when all we ask is a bit of money for a couple of decent players and also why fatboy gets no credit for whopping in a large amount of money compared to dick.

You all no aswell as me that dick has fu-cked up many times although got away with it most of the time.

I don't like to back stab an albion fan like knight,but im just stating what i see.:)

That's all well and good but it's money we can't afford. How many other teams are in the same situation? Including Arsenal and Leeds. And can you please list Knight's mistakes? My list would be :-

Hiring Wood
Hiring Hinshelwood
Contracts to Rogers and Oatway
Being too nice

I'm struggling to make this many times. He could have made one mistake like Mr Ridsdale. Nice guy, get's good managers and players, has the respect of the fans. And nearly bankrupts the club.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Mickey Mouse players such as Mayo, Hart, Roberts and Carpenter? Can you produce a post from the time they were given new contracts showing your disapproval then? Were you one of the great minority of people who complained about signing Roberts? Or did you hail it as a great signing?

I agree that Oatway was a surprise but he has been very good this year and can't be blamed for the current problems. Jones has had a nightmare but again that couldn't have been forseen.

It's very easy to use hindsight and criticise decisions you didn't make. As I said, let's see your posts complaining about all of the decisions you complain about now.
Yeah roberts was a good signing!
We all new these players where average and they just fitted into our unit.
Come on these players wouldn't be on the target list for many clubs would they,so maybe instead of rushing such huge contracts it should have been 1 year and give them something to fight for unlike now as they are taking the piss.:smokin:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
That's all well and good but it's money we can't afford. How many other teams are in the same situation? Including Arsenal and Leeds. And can you please list Knight's mistakes? My list would be :-

Hiring Wood
Hiring Hinshelwood
Contracts to Rogers and Oatway
Being too nice

I'm struggling to make this many times. He could have made one mistake like Mr Ridsdale. Nice guy, get's good managers and players, has the respect of the fans. And nearly bankrupts the club.
:lolol: :lolol: and mr knight has the money to get these sort of world class players players does he:drink: :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here