Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight in today's Argus

braveheart

Jul 26, 2004
Which is funny because at a fans club meeting I attended Poyet gave the distinct impression that he wasn't Murray's biggest fan. I've always felt that the Murray situation was far more complex than money alone.

Say what you like about the relationship between Poyet and Bloom, but I don't for one minute believe they fell out over Murray.

Pure revisionism.

If it was at the sol meeting I was at I would concur. He gave me the impression that Murray was a complex character who's performance on the pitch was dictated mostly by a number of variables in his private life, suggesting you could never be sure what you were going to get and therefore hard to trust week end week out. When Murray left us I couldn't help but wonder how hard we had really tried to keep him, I concluded rightly or wrongly not very!

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
A good journalist might perhaps find out blooms source of wealth ?

I suspect that journalists have tried quite hard to identify the source of Blooms funds. The fact that no one has (and he has failed to confirm) means that his wealth is either incredibly well hidden or that he is a front man (with some money of his own) for other investors funds.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If it was at the sol meeting I was at I would concur. He gave me the impression that Murray was a complex character who's performance on the pitch was dictated mostly by a number of variables in his private life, suggesting you could never be sure what you were going to get and therefore hard to trust week end week out. When Murray left us I couldn't help but wonder how hard we had really tried to keep him, I concluded rightly or wrongly not very!

We were obviously at the same meeting !

I know about the two pots and not being able to dip into the transfer kitty for wages...I'm not sure you'll get Bloom chatting in any great detail about deals like this so we'll never know for sure. I would take Poyet's accounts with a pinch of salt

I believe that may have been bullshit from Poyet to deflect from his error

Fair enough guys, we're all entitled to believe who we want to believe.

My first principles are that I always tend to favour believing someone who goes publically on the record with their version of events. And - this is the compelling bit - particularly when that version events is not subsequently contradicted by any source whatsoever. We really would have heard from someone by now if Gus had been bare-faced fibbing in an interview that created quite a stir at the time.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
True, I've always been something of a Bloom sceptic because of his lack of transparency over his sources of wealth. Don't recall comparing him to Archer though but if I did that was wrong - although raising the "no single owner" question can be mischeviously misrepresented as that.

Tony Bloom certainly likes to have the extent of his wealth underestimated. His regular failure to appear on the Sunday Times Rich List is a source of satisfaction (as well as an indication of the incompetence of those who compile these lists). "Property and investment" is TB's own preferred description of his business holdings. His racehorses could come under both headings, while his betting consultancy doesn't really come under either. Whether it's because he doesn't like to boast or sees a business advantage in keeping things low-key, I don't expect full disclosure of how he made his money any time soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here