Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dianne Abbot- Marvellous

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why’s he on criminal charges through mainstream courts, when it’s case of mental illness?

A crime gets committed, if enough evidence is produced the suspect gets charged, mitigating circumstances such as poor mental health are then considered.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic Private Education, made a man of him

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fantastic Private Education, made a man of him

Do you know mate... that is a totally prattish comment.
You’ve got **** all to say of any interest have you ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you know mate... that is a totally prattish comment.
You’ve got **** all to say of any interest have you ?

You are like several people on here, hideously unfunny (all the time)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You are like several people on here, hideously unfunny (all the time)

You have the better of me on that I’m afraid. Until your crass post I hadn’t noticed any of yours.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mental health issues always seems to be the defense these days.

And with the U.K.s appalling attitude to, funding of, and treatment of mental health you should expect an increase. But I know this is not what you meant.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'd imagine a decent proportion of the prison population has mental health issues.

Probably a greater proportion of learning difficulties than mental health. That certainly seems to be the case in the current crop of Young Offenders. Mainstream state secondary schools have become pretty unwelcoming places for children with special needs. In a lot of cases they are moved on so as to not be a risk to the school’s OFSTED rating. There is also an issue of teachers both being asked to manage different behaviors and achieve good GCSE results. It’s a very difficult job made worse by the replacement of quality therapy provision (by trained professionals) with teachers who simply don’t have the therapeutic experience. The net result is children lost in a system that does not work for them.

kjgood

I'd imagine a decent proportion of the prison population has mental health issues.

Working within prisons the last statistic I remember seeing was approx one in three prisoners suffer from genuine mental health issues. If you add in those who are prescribed varying legal drugs to help cope with being in prison, the number is considerably higher.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Mental health issues always seems to be the defense these days.

....or maybe it always was but people are far more clued up on what mental issues actually mean these days. Wonder how many people we would now regard as mentally unstable were locked away for life or actually hanged?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
....or maybe it always was but people are far more clued up on what mental issues actually mean these days. Wonder how many people we would now regard as mentally unstable were locked away for life or actually hanged?

Don’t forget Frontal Lobotomies, I believe one of the Kennedy children had one [emoji50]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why’s he on criminal charges through mainstream courts, when it’s case of mental illness?

That's how it works. We like to determine 'guilt' before considering culpability.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit early to nominate 'shittest post of the year' but hell, why not.

Agree.

Mental illness is an explanation for some things. Pig ignorance however.....:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here