Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dianne Abbot- Marvellous

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Okay. It's just if there's a thread entitled 'Baseball' for example and someone makes the most posts on that thread, I'd assume they'd have a keen interest in the sport of Baseball, one-way-or-the-other, particularly if something supposedly noteworthy had happened in Baseball that day. I'd also have assumed they'd perhaps seen whatever had happened on TV that day, if they were commentating on it so much. It's just as you're the only poster to make double figures on this thread - one enititled 'Dianne Abbot- Marvellous' - (including one at 0146am about her to someone else, not me, that did made me wonder if you're one of those people literally obsessed with Diane Abbott) I drew the conclusion you must have a very keen interest in the subject matter.
Ok, so you've made some incorrect assumptions and come up with an incorrect conclusion. Understood.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Woman of the people, not afraid to engage in debate:

https://youtu.be/NmidqIKxx9E

I think this sums it all up for me. ......... although certainly not siding with this poster but accepting the constant social media and press bias against her.
Heaven forbid we go to the Octoberbeerfest where they wear traditional costume and dress and dare mention that word.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I think this sums it all up for me. ......... although certainly not siding with this poster but accepting the constant social media and press bias against her.
Heaven forbid we go to the Octoberbeerfest where they wear traditional costume and dress and dare mention that word.

No bias against her but just pointing out and offering examples that she owes everything to her skin colour over her ability. How can her disgustingly racist 'whites like to divide and rule' quote be ignored? If a white Tory MP said that he would be arrested and the trendy liberals on NSC would be frothing at the mouth.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
No bias against her but just pointing out and offering examples that she owes everything to her skin colour over her ability. How can her disgustingly racist 'whites like to divide and rule' quote be ignored? If a white Tory MP said that he would be arrested and the trendy liberals on NSC would be frothing at the mouth.

That is an heroically ambitious interpretation of the term 'no bias'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even by your spectacularly ludicrous standards, that is a stupid thing to say.

BG has been pulled up by so many posters I'm sure a full and Frank, example based defense is on its way, shortly.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Which is, of course, fair enough and quite correct.

For me, and the reason i engaged on this thread (despite my better instincts), is that I want people to judge her as they would others. And I think this means thinking about a few things carefully before making that judgement:

1. To look beyond the memes and tropes (is that the right phrase - I am not really social media savvy?) that are so endlessly circiulated (including on here) and at least find out about why she is still so highly regarded among many of her peers and constituents. For instance this speech on civil liberties made a few years ago: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/jun/12/terrorism.civilliberties

2. To consider why those clips of her poor performances in interviews are the dominant impression most people get of her (whilst, for example, we almost never hear the clip of Johnson's car crash interview with Eddie Mair following the queens speech a couple of years ago - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ash-unable-answer-questions-bbc-a7801936.html - as good a demonstration of political incompetence as you will ever hear). And to ask what might motivate those that have made it their life's work to keep the 'Diane Abbot is thick' story on an endless loop - and is it OK to accept that as the truth without asking yourself a couple of questions at least?

3. To at least consider that a lifetime of vitriol (much of it being very much linked to her ethnicity) directed at her might have some bearing on recent declining performances? And if that the leads you to the conclusion 'then she should get out of frontline politics' to consider the implications of that.

As long as this context is taken into account then of course - judge away.

For what it is worth, personally - and with all the above taken into account, I think she is still a far better politician than most people give her credit for, but am still not convinced she's front bench material.

A quite excellent post highflyer.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
That is how she comes across to me mainly because she relies on the colour of her skin to back up any argument which is what I deplore
Normally I'm a big fan of your schtick but i reckon you might want to reconsider and take back this comment, Big Guy. She doesn't.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
So where has Comrad Corbyn hidden her?
2 weeks to go and not a word.
Shadow cabinet Shirley should be seen?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So where has Comrad Corbyn hidden her?
2 weeks to go and not a word.
Shadow cabinet Shirley should be seen?

She's put Jacob Rees-Mogg into handcuffs and a gimp mask and has him locked in her basement and is trying to re educate him.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've found her!

[tweet]1186381610066821120[/tweet]

I only read the first page of this thread and I see not one member of the master race has managed to spell Diane Abbott’s name right, but yeh she’s the thick one

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I only read the first page of this thread and I see not one member of the master race has managed to spell Diane Abbott’s name right, but yeh she’s the thick one
Well, if her parents had only spelt it right in the first place ............................................. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here