Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dianne Abbot- Marvellous

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Yes, Abbot is prone to making errors when speaking in public (a bit of a problem for a politician) and I don't agree with many of her views.

But I have HUGE respect for her. Jack Monroe explains why you should too.

Thanks for sharing that. It highlights how uninformed we all are and quick to believe the right wing sound bites.
If you're going to post on this thread, do yourself a favour and read the article first.

A very talented lady who is far brighter than most of us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't get too stewed up and expect a reply, or at least an intelligent reply.
You are dealing with BG, a very sick man who sees things in a totally different way to almost everyone else.
I would get very annoyed with yet another stupid BG post, but as it's him it gets totally ignored.
But I do feel very sorry for him, it must be awful to live in his world.

Well...he does write a load of old crap, but he is a bloke in his mid 70s, from mid Sussex, who probably hasn't noticed more than 5% of what has changed since 1965. 'Very Sick' is out of order. We aren't supposed to dwell on individual posters on NSC. There is always the ignore button.

Still....sometimes I do wonder why he engages. He isn't exactly much of a laugh. I see BG as a bit of a project, myself, and would like to think that in some small way I am helping to drag him by his boot straps onward and upward into the emerging daylight and clarity of the 1970s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Her constituents don't think so, and it's their votes that count.

Predictable thread. People I respect valiantly rebutting gammon I have on ignore.

I have never had much time for Abbott, but after scrolling through this thread, I think I should look again. The enemy of my enemy is, after all, my friend.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thanks for sharing that. It highlights how uninformed we all are and quick to believe the right wing sound bites.
If you're going to post on this thread, do yourself a favour and read the article first.

A very talented lady who is far brighter than most of us.
She was talented and she was bright. I don't know what happened to her, but she no longer comes across as either. She achieved a great deal from humble beginnings.

I like to treat people equally, regardless of their ethnicity or gender. That means I judge her, as I judge other politicians, on what she says and does. What I hear her say makes me have no respect for her abilities as a politician. I'm sorry, but I refuse to base my opinion on her ethnicity.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Out of all the politicians, in this current climate Dianne Abbot gets her own thread and a kicking, really!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Out of all the politicians, in this current climate Dianne Abbot gets her own thread and a kicking, really!
There are over a dozen threads on Boris and Trump. Why aren't we allowed to talk about other politicians?

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Predictable thread. People I respect valiantly rebutting gammon I have on ignore.

I have never had much time for Abbott, but after scrolling through this thread, I think I should look again. The enemy of my enemy is, after all, my friend.

Same. I've always found her to be, a bit useless, but the abuse she's been getting particularly the last couple of years made me pay a little more attention to what she's achieved in her life and it's pretty impressive.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Same. I've always found her to be, a bit useless, but the abuse she's been getting particularly the last couple of years made me pay a little more attention to what she's achieved in her life and it's pretty impressive.

It is impressive, mores the pity that she stepped away from the good she clearly does for her constituents and in recent years making herself look stupid.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well...he does write a load of old crap, but he is a bloke in his mid 70s, from mid Sussex, who probably hasn't noticed more than 5% of what has changed since 1965. 'Very Sick' is out of order. We aren't supposed to dwell on individual posters on NSC. There is always the ignore button.

Still....sometimes I do wonder why he engages. He isn't exactly much of a laugh. I see BG as a bit of a project, myself, and would like to think that in some small way I am helping to drag him by his boot straps onward and upward into the emerging daylight and clarity of the 1970s.

He’ll have to take you off ignore first

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So we shouldn't discuss her cluelessness about policies and we shouldn't discuss her racist views, because we're mostly white men, and she's a black woman. Okey dokey then.

Lovely stuff - If you've got a keen interest in her for whatever reason (and she does appear to be the most talked about member of the shadow cabinet) go for it. I must admit I didn't even watch PMQ's yesterday, read or see anything about it, or even knew she stood in for it until I saw this thread and the now 100+ replies. In fact I can't even remember the last time I saw her on TV or read about her, full stop. For whatever reason, she just doesn't impact on my life. Anyway, as a learned Diane Abbot observer how did she do yesterday?

(I do get the impression some very odd people actually lie awake at night thinking about her - The sort of person who talks about her at 0146am. Do you know anyone like that?)

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Lovely stuff - If you've got a keen interest in her for whatever reason (and she does appear to be the most talked about member of the shadow cabinet) go for it. I must admit I didn't even watch PMQ's yesterday, read or see anything about it, or even knew she stood in for it until I saw this thread and the now 100+ replies. In fact I can't even remember the last time I saw her on TV or read about her, full stop. For whatever reason, she just doesn't impact on my life. Anyway, as a learned Diane Abbot observer how did she do yesterday?

(I do get the impression some very odd people actually lie awake at night thinking about her - The sort of person who talks about her at 0146am. Do you know anyone like that?)

Rumour has it one of those men is Jeremy Corbyn :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here