Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott Back!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Which is fairly hilarious when you think of who our Home Sec has been for the past 6 years...
yep 7 years to do something about terrorists, borders, policing and what did she do ...............well not a lot really
How did it just jump from 6 years to 7 years?

And what exactly did you expect her to do about the terrorists etc in that time? We had a Labour Home Secretary for the previous 13 years, what did they do?

and this is the person we want to negotiate Brexit .......you really are having a laugh
And you presumably want Corbyn to negotiate Brexit? Fool.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What are you talking about? She has done plenty! She cut police number, ignored and was pretty disrespectful towards Police chiefs who explained to her it was unsustainable and lead to a greater security risk. And now she's doing huge arms deals with a regime that cuts the heads off gay people, and are one of the main sources of Wahhabism (extremist Islam). How dare you say she hasn't done anything?

She appears on the verge of a meltdown at the moment, whenever questioned.

how could I forget

pity lots of others have too

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fair enough. Take out the final word and then it's pretty unemotive.

Its on the basis of a reaction to a pretty innocuous comment...but thats the way these threads go i guess, which is why i don't generally post on them...anyway u and i normally get on and a bit of political argy barge won't change that :)

ps...i just look at most of the runners and roll my eyes

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
A very clear view now of how inept and bumbling Jeremy Corbyn is. Everyone knew that Diane Abbott was a disaster for Labour, but it took this long for Corbyn to act.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Too little too late I fear. Still, it's a step in the right direction to which we can all be thankful.

Edit: I have no idea who Lyn Brown is, but she's an improvement on the former incumbent.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Too little too late I fear. Still, it's a step in the right direction to which we can all be thankful.

Edit: I have no idea who Lyn Brown is, but she's an improvement on the former incumbent.

On 16 July 2011 Brown was reported to have shoved Talksport's blind Political Editor, Denis Finlayson, and his guide dog inside Portcullis House, swearing at him to get out of her way.

Several independent witnesses reported the matter to the Press, and to the Labour Chief Whip, Rosie Winterton, who apparently proceeded to discipline Brown.

Brown issued an unreserved apology shortly thereafter.

MP accused of worker 'hypocrisy'

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
On 16 July 2011 Brown was reported to have shoved Talksport's blind Political Editor, Denis Finlayson, and his guide dog inside Portcullis House, swearing at him to get out of her way.

Several independent witnesses reported the matter to the Press, and to the Labour Chief Whip, Rosie Winterton, who apparently proceeded to discipline Brown.

Brown issued an unreserved apology shortly thereafter.

MP accused of worker 'hypocrisy'

A bitch then, but is she also incompetent?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And now she's doing huge arms deals with a regime that cuts the heads off gay people, and are one of the main sources of Wahhabism (extremist Islam). How dare you say she hasn't done anything?

And of course, the previous Labour Government had nothing to do with the Saudi's... did they?

Lyn Brown is the MP who had previously publicly stated she would not be prepared to work with Corbyn, if that helps.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Corbyn was right to cut his losses with Abbott.
2. This shows the problem he has got - with security at the forefront of people's minds he could have done with wheeling in a replacement that the electorate has heard of and therefore might have confidence in, like a Chuka Umunna, Dan Jarvis or Hilary Benn. However, they've all fallen out with Corbyn and are non-starters for the role. I don't feel as though Labour can afford to have so many good politicians within their ranks sidelined in this way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And of course, the previous Labour Government had nothing to do with the Saudi's... did they?
Please pay attention: Labour good, Tories bad. You must not question this.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Now saying she has a serious long term condition - I hope Labour aren't lying about that (not that I hope she's ill) but that that's nothing to lie about!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now saying she has a serious long term condition - I hope Labour aren't lying about that (not that I hope she's ill) but that that's nothing to lie about!
Ok, so she's not standing to be an MP tomorrow then?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Why do you think I liked Blair/Brown any more than I like May? Where have I said that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here