Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott Back!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, this is a godsend for Starmer.

In one stroke looks loads more decisive than Sunak and wipes out one of the last standard bearers for the troublesome left.

A good day for him.

Not really sure what she was getting at in her letter. Seems to be trying to define racism as a white on back thing. Looks more like a political suicide note to me.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't think Richard Burgon is particularly happy today.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Letter belatedly withdrawn.

Brainless. Jews can and do face lifelong racism, that fact alone has led to countless genocides.

She really needs to move on from this far left contrived debate. Channelling 100% of her efforts on Labour’s general election hopes.
Not sure how you can withdraw a letter that's already published ? Unless of course your name is Timmy and you get your internet history wiped :ROFLMAO:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Good to see Keir being decisive …he’s getting there

To the Labour MP who praised her for saying ‘sorry’ ..3/10 …just emphasise KS doing the necessary

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeh, this is a godsend for Starmer.

In one stroke looks loads more decisive than Sunak and wipes out one of the last standard bearers for the troublesome left.

A good day for him.

Not really sure what she was getting at in her letter. Seems to be trying to define racism as a white on back thing. Looks more like a political suicide note to me.
I’m not sure why she felt the need to right the letter at all

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The problem is with this case is it wasn't a clumsy line on twitter or a leaked private conversation. She put pen to paper, plenty of time to consider whether it was a good idea or not. KS needs to send a clear message.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Anyone thinking that the idiot Diane Abbott is one of Keir Starmer,s bigger problems within the Labour Party dealt with, are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
More manna from heaven for Starmer, as if he needed it after the SNP's implosion.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Good to see Keir being decisive …he’s getting there

To the Labour MP who praised her for saying ‘sorry’ ..3/10 …just emphasise KS doing the necessary
I think some of it it in direct response to Raab's leaving statement. No apologies, just a big old attack on woke activists in the civil service. No ownership himself that perhaps he could (and should) have done better.

That said, the apology itself is only there to try and keep her seat, and I think Starmer may have been looking for a reason to remove her for a while. Ultimately, he's the real winner here. As you say, the perfect chance to look decisive.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Many of us saw this coming from Diane Abbott. She is a cock-up waiting to happen, I imagine you could make a very entertaining YouTube compilation of her numerous embarrassments.

I have disliked Abbott (and not been shy about it) for a very long time. A big upside to this is she will hopefully be nowhere near government when Labour win the next election.

She is everything you don’t want from a potential cabinet politician. Unprepared but outspoken, a controversy magnet and now tainted with the racist brush.

It was so entirely unnecessary and of all subjects given prior allegations, why even mention Jewish people in any context… it just beggars belief the nonsense she came out with in that letter.

Bye Diane, you won’t be missed by me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone thinking that the idiot Diane Abbott is one of Keir Starmer,s bigger problems within the Labour Party dealt with, are living in cloud cuckoo land.
Who's a bigger problem incidentally? I presume you mean other politicians, otherwise I may agree that winning an election is a bigger problem etc.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Many of us saw this coming from Diane Abbott. She is a cock-up waiting to happen, I imagine you could make a very entertaining YouTube compilation of her numerous embarrassments.

I have disliked Abbott (and not been shy about it) for a very long time. A big upside to this is she will hopefully be nowhere near government when Labour win the next election.

She is everything you don’t want from a potential cabinet politician. Unprepared but outspoken, a controversy magnet and now tainted with the racist brush.

It was so entirely unnecessary and of all subjects given prior allegations, why even mention Jewish people in any context… it just beggars belief the nonsense she came out with in that letter.

Bye Diane, you won’t be missed by me.
She must be one of the biggest examples of getting far with no talent.

She's thick, out of touch and has dined out free for decades.

Well done Sir Kier for removing this political dinosaur.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
a fascinating saga for couple of points. first, being anti-semitic seems to be the objection, if she hadn't mentioned Jews in the letter it might have gone unnoticed without consequence. second, Abbott's examples of racism based in history, implying you can't experience racism without some link by ethnic grouping to particular historical oppression.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here