Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

diadora

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Diadora went kaput a couple of years ago didn't it? Now I see Birmingham have Diadora kits this season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
like Slazenger etc, they were all bought out by mike ashley when they were failing, they are now part of sports direct.

They have always been available in Sports Direct. It is funny how named brands crop up. Fruit of the Loom was always a cheap product in Florida similar to Tesco named brand Delamere or whatever it was called and was always avoided like the plague.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
jd sports have launched a new retro range,also saw a few out on sat at millwall

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Puma trainers are coming back as well

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The Diadora Bjorg Elite Gold trainers started making a comeback about 4 years ago amongst people with a bit of taste. Been available in Size for ages. Picked up a pair of the blue on White ones myself about 18 months ago. Classic footwear.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
reminds of school - with converse all-stars, hi-tec and high-top moon boots with big tongues. They were shit in the early 90's too.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
What about Pony... I remember the NFL range - Linebackers they were called - I had the ones on the left
Available in plenty of different colour ways.. went grape picking at Lamberhusts for a week to buy mine (1/2 term)
Only problem was, got asked to leave after the 2nd day as were prone to mucking around a lot..

online1.png

Jimmy Grimble

The Diadora Bjorg Elite Gold trainers started making a comeback about 4 years ago amongst people with a bit of taste. Been available in Size for ages. Picked up a pair of the blue on White ones myself about 18 months ago. Classic footwear.

I do like some of the Diadora re-makes, but it can smack of trying too hard to be retro I think. Obviously it depends on what you're wearing them with. I saw someone sporting them with a Sergio track-top the other day... a touch too far methinks.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
For what it's worth, I had the Diadora Pat Cash - parents wouldn't stretch to the Borg Elites
(Oh, & I was addicted to trainers as a kid/teenager/young adult & infact got a Saturday job @ Pro Performance Shoes (now closed) to feed my habit)

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I do like some of the Diadora re-makes, but it can smack of trying too hard to be retro I think. Obviously it depends on what you\'re wearing them with. I saw someone sporting them with a Sergio track-top the other day... a touch too far methinks.

Nah not too far. That style of dress is far better than it could be. 99% of people under 30 these days are either One Direction Clones or just gourmeless gonks. Least the lad in the ST and Bjorgs has got some kind of identity in his choice of fashion instead of looking the same as everyone else.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
99% of people under 30 these days are either One Direction Clones or just gourmeless gonks.

That seems a little unfair on us under 30s, I do know the people you mean but I think you may be exaggerating with 99%. I like to think I have my own style, currently sporting a fine pair of retro Gola trainers :thumbsup:

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
That seems a little unfair on us under 30s, I do know the people you mean but I think you may be exaggerating with 99%. I like to think I have my own style, currently sporting a fine pair of retro Gola trainers :thumbsup:

I\'m 25 mate so I\'m digging at my own generation. I might be being a bit harsh with the 99%. At least 80% though are pure sheep though with no independent fashion sense of their own though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I\'m 25 mate so I\'m digging at my own generation. I might be being a bit harsh with the 99%. At least 80% though are pure sheep though with no independent fashion sense of their own though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to join in with having a dig. Every time I see someone wearing skinny jeans and one of those ridiculous v-neck t-shirts I want to punch them in the face.

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy to join in with having a dig. Every time I see someone wearing skinny jeans and one of those ridiculous v-neck t-shirts I want to punch them in the face.

The girls like V neck t-shirts though... Is it because you have moobs and not ripped pecks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here