Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dia in?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Have you watched a lot of Reims games, out of interest?

A few last season on TV, watch quite a lot of league 1 and Bundesliga, and since the interest, the player scout stats and video reels. Of course he may prove wrong, and I'd hope he does if he comes here but fwiw I said similar about Big Jurg before he arrived.

I have seen him and my honest opinion is he's not great.

If he signs, I'll get behind him and support, but honestly hope he doesn't as I just don't think he'll do much.

Loan is only way it could make sense? Maybe just transfer BS, plenty of it about.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A few last season on TV, watch quite a lot of league 1 and Bundesliga, and since the interest, the player scout stats and video reels. Of course he may prove wrong, and I'd hope he does if he comes here but fwiw I said similar about Big Jurg before he arrived.

I have seen him and my honest opinion is he's not great.

If he signs, I'll get behind him and support, but honestly hope he doesn't as I just don't think he'll do much.

Loan is only way it could make sense? Maybe just transfer BS, plenty of it about.

Nothing to argue with there. Not the finished article yet any means but he has got quick feet and looks to have a knack for finding space for himself. Useful assets to build on

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Nothing to argue with there. Not the finished article yet any means but he has got quick feet and looks to have a knack for finding space for himself. Useful assets to build on

to think about it a bit more, There could be a caveat to all this, if it's true.

Would he actually be recruited as a conventional front line goal scoring striker? As Locadia was and as Dia has been playing at Reims. And which I hoped he wouldn't!

Zeqiri said Potter specifically showed him how he wants to play (and you'd assume his role in that)

It could be the same with Dia? Which would make the dynamics a little different.

If someone asked you years ago to consider Emile Heskey as an out and out goal scoring striker, I'd guess a fair few would say, meh..... he's not that great or prolific, but he was brilliant for teams when partnered with a smaller attacker, even though not prolific on his own.

Maybe GP sees this more as the skillset he seeks? Which could make it different to if he is being considered as an out and out goalscoring striker?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One biggun and a littlen .........how 1960’s of you.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No one that Impressed on this thread but a quick sweep of twitter and French football followers rate him.

I had a look at YouTube and he scored a good goal away to Monaco this season and Vs Marseilles last season. A loan for this guy looks a no brainer, fast, strong , 6 foot.

Decent goal Vs PSG here too

https://youtu.be/7nhIntqhI4M

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Owen says no.

I shall sleep easier.

Zeqiri in for Gyökeres.

We now need a Striker to replace Murray.

Monday afternoon is going to be exciting.

I remember Janssen coming out of nowhere a few seasons ago. I think we might be on the same journey in a day or two.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Every time we the tiniest bit excited...

cpsn.gif

(it's a joke, calm down)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I shall sleep easier.

Zeqiri in for Gyökeres.

We now need a Striker to replace Murray.

Monday afternoon is going to be exciting.

I remember Janssen coming out of nowhere a few seasons ago. I think we might be on the same journey in a day or two.

Oh yes the exciting and unusual hour’s extension of the window just for Brighton

1F1534E6-EE14-424E-BC14-7990AD40995E.jpeg

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Owen says no to a loan. I wonder if that's carefully worded...

Interesting thought, but I think we are not interested at all...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Dia said in an interview yesterday that he is 50/50 to join Brighton today. Don't know if anyone can actually find the interview.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Dia said in an interview yesterday that he is 50/50 to join Brighton today. Don't know if anyone can actually find the interview.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Boulaye Dia at the microphone of Canal +: "Certain to stay at @StadeDeReims ? No. It's 50-50. Brighton? I don't know (laughs). "

There is little doubt, the striker, who still played in N2 2 years ago, will leave the club.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Owen says no to a loan. I wonder if that's carefully worded...

He doesn’t say no to loan only he says this in Argus.

“Albion have been linked with Ligue Un striker Boulaye Dia.

But The Argus has been told this evening there is “no truth whatsoever” in reports of a move for the Stade de Reims frontman.“

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
If the player himself is saying there's a 50:50 chance, surely Owen has been fed incorrect information? IF we sign a striker, it looks like it'll be this guy.

His goalscoring record looks alright, and he looks different to what we already have. Fingers crossed...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’m assuming he is our back up if he don’t secure our primary target. Quite right that we remain quiet about it, as it’s disrespectful to say that we would only be in for him if we don’t get our No1 target.
Something must be happening.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I’m assuming he is our back up if he don’t secure our primary target. Quite right that we remain quiet about it, as it’s disrespectful to say that we would only be in for him if we don’t get our No1 target.
Something must be happening.

I admire your optimism but fear you are going to be disappointed later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here