Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Di Zerbi sinking?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I see from today's presser that De Zerbi has spent some time underwater again this week. Does anyone know what he means by this? It it something that is not quite translating from Italian into English?

Aside, always found Potters press conferences so dull, yet these new ones are quite interesting. I'm not sure if it's just the fact we have a fresh face.

Most of the press conference in English today which is impressive. The translator will probably be starting to think he'll need to find a new job soon.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I see from today's presser that De Zerbi has spent some time underwater again this week. Does anyone know what he means by this? It it something that is not quite translating from Italian into English?

Aside, always found Potters press conferences so dull, yet these new ones are quite interesting. I'm not sure if it's just the fact we have a fresh face.

Most of the press conference in English today which is impressive. The translator will probably be starting to think he'll need to find a new job soon.

Probably translates as under the radar :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thought is was nothing more than how we say ‘I’m drowning’ when anyone asks if you’re busy at work :shrug:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
On the subject of the interpreter, I've just been watching the Liverpool match highlights (again!) And wondered if anyone else noticed the interpreter going mental in the dugout when Trossatd scored his 3rd!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
On the subject of the interpreter, I've just been watching the Liverpool match highlights (again!) And wondered if anyone else noticed the interpreter going mental in the dugout when Trossatd scored his 3rd!

He's not an interpreter, he is Enrico Venturelli who just happens to be the best English speaker amongst the the fluent Italian speakers on the coaching team, hence his relationship with RDZ at press conferences. Apparently when it's broadcast in Welsh Andrew Crofts does the same job :shrug:

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Probably just means he is quite busy this week getting us sorted. That, or is getting his scuba license, anyone could be accurate.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

No it’s not just the fact he’s new, Italian press conferences are always entertaining. Different league to dull British ones where the default position is to give away as little info as possible.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Submerged, or drowning in things that need to be done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here