Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Di Canio the clown

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sorry why am I thick, what do you know about me, passion yes which is something I often failed to see during my recent 2 years as a season ticket holder at Brighton, and there is plenty of substance.

Sunderland is not a bad place at all to visit if you go to the right areas, and anyway I do not live there, far from it

You are thick because you are wrong.
You are wound up because of your clubs current predicament,understandable.
And you are here to wind up the Brighton fans with nonsense.
The Roker Bore.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wow yet another football club making losses that does not want to have locals putting money in the coffers

We're not the local Greengrocers , we're a club for Brighton fans, not pricks like you who just want to watch football and cant be bothered to go watch their own club.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
You are thick because you are wrong.
You are wound up because of your clubs current predicament,understandable.
And you are here to wind up the Brighton fans with nonsense.
The Roker Bore.

I dont see how I am wrong, it is frustrating but I have no reason to take it out on another club, I am here as I live local so find it interesting look at my other posts which are not related to Di Canio or Sunderland and they are reasonable normal posts.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Your current replacement is doing such a good job though dont you think? Mid table although only after a handful of games and out of the only cup you should have given yourself a chance in
Better than bottom though, wouldn't you say?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A really really bold quote.

For me personally, Sunderland is a slum up north with a football club based on factory workers and estates of squalor, with no real history to mention, that thinks it is a big club just because there is nothing else to do up there but watch the footy.

Probably be passing you in the summer, oh, and Poyet and Garcia are both bigger names in the world of football than many of your recent managers.

They looked in the dustbin for something to eat they found a dead rat and thought it a treat in the Sunderland slums. Wow that takes be back !! Seriously keep Paulo in charge as i have Sunderland to do down at 12/1 only a diver on it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I dont see how I am wrong, it is frustrating but I have no reason to take it out on another club, I am here as I live local so find it interesting look at my other posts which are not related to Di Canio or Sunderland and they are reasonable normal posts.

You seem a little wound up. Surely it reasonable to have a poor opinion of Di Canio ? Plenty of Sunderland fans seem to. No need to start lashing out and questioning Garcia, or calling us tinpot really.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Roy Keane? Steve Bruce? Both played in one of the "golden eras" for a club whilst at Man U, Niall Quinn played at the world cup for Ireland (more than Garcia who had no full caps and played for Barca 69 times in 6 years) MON again a seasoned international in his playing career and multiple SPL winner of Celtic

I think that you would find there is more to a huge number of Sunderland fans than that. I dont even know how you can start on History - 2 FA cups 6 old First Division wins and 5 runner ups with multiple division 2 including the most points for a time. Also a big thing you have forgotten is that Sunderland have real rivals where as Brighton have some joker relationship with one small London club

For a 'big' club one good season in the last 40 years can only be construed as massive under-achievement. Swansea and Wigan have both come from nowhere to accomplish more than you've managed in that 40 years, you're now so desperate you resort to a fascist solution, and now that's going tits up too.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

But i live in Plymouth, i often go to Argyle, but i dont go on PASOTI and take the piss or rip them apart.
I am struggling to understand you live local, had a season ticket and seem a footy person yet you come out with those comments.
Truth is Di Canio was a huge gamble that is massivly backfiring, he is a clown, most people think so.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
You seem a little wound up. Surely it reasonable to have a poor opinion of Di Canio ? Plenty of Sunderland fans seem to. No need to start lashing out and questioning Garcia, or calling us tinpot really.

Maybe it depends on what you call 'Tinpot' ? Brighton as a place or BHAFC i know one thing thought people across the world whether football/cricket fansknow of Brighton and what a tasteful,classey and much sort after area to live. Sunderland seems to fall short there,i could be wrong ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sunderland will forever draw a bigger manager than Brighton, yet you empoly De Canio, ex Swindon.
Newcastle are crap this year, yet Sunderland are worse with a clown in charge.
You are brave, i will give you that, but unfortunately, like most of the fans of north east clubs, thick, all passion and no substance.
Oh and Sunderland is in my top 5 of the most digusting places i have visited.
But thanks for your comments.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Why this preoccupation with other teams managers - Di Cannio, Freedman, Holloway etc.

Likewise the personal insults when a supporter of the relevant club quite rightly defends their manager, (justified or not) - I'd support our manager, right or wrong, against any fan from another club - but without resorting to name calling :down:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Whereas these aren't?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would have struggled to take in Di Canio and continue paying our club to pay his wages with tickets and merchandise purchased. He's repulsive and any club hiring that fiendish thug make a terrible statement in what hellish depths they'll dig to to find the snakes they'll foully call their own. I'd have taken a firm step back until the stain had been cleansed from our character.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Strange thing is, he is a loose cannon, a facist, i would not want him anywhere near the Albion, but i like him, i dont know why, but i do, maybe its his passion as a player and manager and the game will always need characters, there are not enough of them anymore, i bet most people hang around for his post match comments, i do.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
Very weird antics by di Canio today, on video confronts angry fans!!
http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8934362/di-canio-remonstrates-with-angry-fans

Wow that was one of the most bizarre 30 seconds of tape I've ever seen?!

Just a big stand off between Di Canio and a few Sunderland fans?!

To be fair though there's not many Premiership managers who would go over to his fans after a 3-0 defeat?!

The guy's obviously a big prick though, always has been, always will be.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I am loving reading all this from a tin pot club who had some Spanish non-league style day today. Sunderland will forever draw in a bigger manager than Brighton and Di Canio should be given more time but quite possibly in this day and age will not which is a real shame. I would hate to see Pulis but as long as anyone keeps Sunderland I dont care

:bla:

Here's a radical thought for you: Piss off & actually 'support' your own club, you patronising tosser. You won't be missed at The Albion.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why this preoccupation with other teams managers - Di Cannio, Freedman, Holloway etc.

Likewise the personal insults when a supporter of the relevant club quite rightly defends their manager, (justified or not) - I'd support our manager, right or wrong, against any fan from another club - but without resorting to name calling :down:

Very good post, I agree with all of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here