Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DI CANIO new Sunderland manager

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Everything about Sunderland has always bored me, at least now I'll take an interest even if it will be car crash TV.

You are right about boring. One of those teams that when you see they are the live game on Sky you find something else to do. Aston Villa and Fulham are others.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has he been offered the job, or just gone there for talks? Nothing about him getting the job from the sports journos I follow on twitter, the sky sports app just reporting he's going there for talks.

There were reports reading looked to him but the players made it clear they didn't want him. That could still happen if he's not been offered the job, right?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
my opinion is that they may offer DICanio the role for the rest of the season and if he keeps them up he will get the job permenantly. Only 8 games to go and on betfair you have to be in charge for 10 league games to be considered the full time manager so if you agree with me, laying him on betfair is good value, assuming they go down of course!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I disagree with most on here.

I think the most important thing in getting Sunderland playing for the last few games will be passion and comitment. This is something Di Canio does not lack and i have a funny feeling it will rub off on the players. I think this is a very clever appointment by the board with a view to them staying in the EPL.

Next season though i predict a car crash.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I disagree with most on here.

I think the most important thing in getting Sunderland playing for the last few games will be passion and comitment. This is something Di Canio does not lack and i have a funny feeling it will rub off on the players. I think this is a very clever appointment by the board with a view to them staying in the EPL.

Next season though i predict a car crash.
I found myself agreeing with everyone, but that's a fair point. He's got as much chance of keeping them up as anyone, and that's what it's about. I'd have him on a very short leash next season though.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Will be brilliant entertainment. Looking forward to his after-match interviews.

Tottenham to send Paolo Di Canio's Sunderland down at White Hart Lane on the final day of the season. They taunt him and he makes a salute........ to his mum in the crowd! :mad: :salute:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just when you thought the managerial side of English football could not get any more bizarre it does. An utterly baffling appointment.

gavind

Banned
Jul 2, 2013
So far so good. Looks like he's doing a very good job as a manager. I think they really made a good choice here.
smile2.png

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I wish we had Di Canio here, Poyet's lost it this season. He needs to lose the stubble look and get back to the wide eyed aztec God of yore.

Kosh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here