Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DFS Goldstone?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is it actually on the hallowed Goldstone turf? I have never been on Goldstone retail park and I dont plan to but I need a sofa? Am i going to have to swerve it and settle for nearby Furniture Village?

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Is it actually on the hallowed Goldstone turf? I have never been on Goldstone retail park and I dont plan to but I need a sofa? Am i going to have to swerve it and settle for nearby Furniture Village?

Yes, its smack bang in the middle of where the pitch used to be.

Ive been there loads of times, not worried about it any more

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Refused to even drive past (and a right pain in the arse that was), until The Albion were back in Sussex.

Now they are I don't have that much of a problem, although like many, I'm sure, it does induce 'feelings'.
Damn my Vulcan exterior.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
dont bother with dfs quite possibly the worst aftersales treatment i have had the displeasure to endure and the head office didnt impress me much either ,also dfs have hundreds of bad reviews online. DONT GO TO DFS!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
ditto.

SCR did a 10th anniversary show from there and had to give me a seperate ob unit as I refused to cross the threshold to the whole business park.

Don't you think that is just being a little bit silly now ? Move on get over it, the Goldstone is long gone. Falmer is the future.

Yes it was gut wrenching for a time but one cannot live in the past forever.

Jimmy Grimble

ditto.

SCR did a 10th anniversary show from there and had to give me a seperate ob unit as I refused to cross the threshold to the whole business park.

:bowdown:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Get over it, it's long gone. Why not go there ?

Exactly. By not going there you're just letting the stench of Archer hang over you and letting him and his rat sidekick influence your life. Move on, live free.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Exactly. By not going there you're just letting the stench of Archer hang over you and letting him and his rat sidekick influence your life. Move on, live free.

That's obviously aside from the fact that I wouldn't go to DFS as it's shit. And They're responsible for keeping that irritating Linda Barker on the telly. I'm not putting my money in the pocket of that moobag.

Well done Harty,
I won't use the companies located at the Goldstone Retail Park and have never been to any DFS, Burger King or Toys R Us since they opened a store there. I never drive past the site and the only time I have been there was en-route to my father's funeral when the cortege stopped by the Gold Stone for a couple of minutes.
On the day of the first league game at Falmer my son and I intend to walk from the site in Old Shoreham Road to Falmer via Withdean - I'd be chuffed if you'd join us Ian?

herman gelmet

Not the tosser
Jan 20, 2008
worthing
I made the mistake of going in there last year. Fat tosser salesman told me how sad he thought it was that fans laid flowers outside, in respect of the goldstone.:angry:
no sale here

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think for emotional reasons not going there is understandable, but unless you are boycotting the shops there nationwide (which I know some people posted on here that they are), then I think its a bit pointless. Equally these shops had a bearing on the fate of the ground only in a very indirect way, and they're all so intermarried that you're ultimately giving them money by shopping in loads of places.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Their stuff is crap anyway, you only get what you pay for.

Don't you think that is just being a little bit silly now ? Move on get over it, the Goldstone is long gone. Falmer is the future.

Yes it was gut wrenching for a time but one cannot live in the past forever.

You DON'T understand.

Would you marry the girl of your dreams - your childhood sweetheart, and when some bloke rapes and murders her and gets away with it you'd pop over his local for a chat and a beer with his pals?

Well then, figure it out.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
You DON'T understand.

Would you marry the girl of your dreams - your childhood sweetheart, and when some bloke rapes and murders her and gets away with it you'd pop over his place for a chat and a beer?

Well then, figure it out.

How the f*** do you manage to compare the demolition of a football ground to the rape and murder of a woman?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here