Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Devils Dyke Pub

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Walked up to Devils Dyke today, arrived just after the first Bus at 10.30,plenty of people milling around decided to get a coffee before moving off. pub closed no menu`s no details of opening hours,what a way to run a business,watched many people trying to gain entrance,we are in August the peak of summer holiday season and you cant even get a tea or coffee,why a`rnt they serving breakfasts?.
:flameboun

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Couldn't say for certain but it may have strict opening hour enforcements given it's location in an area of beauty/national park etc?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Couldn't say for certain but it may have strict opening hour enforcements given it's location in an area of beauty/national park etc?

Yeah probably this!

That's why they wouldn't let us build a stadium. Oh wait we have one on the way.

Less than a year until the opening league fixture

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I believe it's because it's been taken over by the people that own the Connaught and is being referbed. Can't imagine why anyone wouldve wanted to go into it in it's previous incarnation.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
I believe it's because it's been taken over by the people that own the Connaught and is being referbed. Can't imagine why anyone wouldve wanted to go into it in it's previous incarnation.

Devils Dyke not the Dyke Road.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Walked up to Devils Dyke today, arrived just after the first Bus at 10.30,plenty of people milling around decided to get a coffee before moving off. pub closed no menu`s no details of opening hours,what a way to run a business,watched many people trying to gain entrance,we are in August the peak of summer holiday season and you cant even get a tea or coffee,why a`rnt they serving breakfasts?.
:flameboun
It's basically a pub not a cafe, so it opens at 12:00 and it doesn't do early breakfasts. Anyway if it HAD been open then in my experience it's always short-staffed and the kitchen's too small to cope with the number of tables. I always seem to have to queue for twenty minutes to place my order and then wait another thirty minutes for it to arrive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here