Development of the Goldstone Ground

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Ah the old South Stand - spent my formative years on that terrace. Fascinating to see it under construction. It doesn't hurt so much to see pictures of the Goldstone now we have the wonderful Amex.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
thanks for those pictures,brilliant!

funny seeing the south stand actually bigger than the west!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Excellent [MENTION=14198]HovaGirl[/MENTION], thanks for sharing. I read somewhere that the West Stand was originally earmarked to extend from the South to North but I think finances put a stop to that. Am I correct? Probably not, been wrong three times today already!

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
One thing that always bothered me a little was the fact that the west stand stopped 2/3rds of the way towards the north. I guess this was a money thing but it always bugged me although the Lego stand was a laugh. Just a very small gripe, I f***ing loved that place. Although if it was still in the state it was at the end in '97 now, then I'd be amazed about the Amex even being possible. In fact I still can't believe it's here. Amazing place. Must be horrible to watch matches at that pre war dump Selhurst.

Sep 28, 2011
One thing that always bothered me a little was the fact that the west stand stopped 2/3rds of the way towards the north. I guess this was a money thing but it always bugged me although the Lego stand was a laugh. Just a very small gripe, I f***ing loved that place. Although if it was still in the state it was at the end in '97 now, then I'd be amazed about the Amex even being possible. In fact I still can't believe it's here. Amazing place. Must be horrible to watch matches at that pre war dump Selhurst.
A proper ground, with fans who don't walk out at 1-1 with 10 mins left v their biggest rivals? Yeah it's horrible bruv.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
A proper ground, with fans who don't walk out at 1-1 with 10 mins left v their biggest rivals? Yeah it's horrible bruv.

That was a bad day but even with all thoses suppoerters leaving before the final whistle we had more in the ground at the end of the match than Palace normally have at kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports