Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Deutschland 83 - C4 Starts 21:00 03.01.16

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Alex had AIDS so topped himself, obvious

I am happy to report that Alex is alive and well and living in Little Britain :thumbsup:

zuprw7rtm2dkeuvlhsxg.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can someone tell me why Schweppensette was so desperate for a nuclear war? The whole plot was based on him hiding evidence so that there would be a war, but I never got any idea of his motive.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
His missus left him. His son batted for the other side in multiple ways. Martin/Moritz betrayed him AND was giving his daughter a seeing-to. All that and trying to come to terms with Diet Coke also.
There's only so much a man can take :moo:

Add to all that, his favorite fish had been murdered!!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The question we were debating is who died at the end? The general or Alex?
It seemed quite obvious the general was going to shoot himself before it even happened.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Disappointed with the ending.

I watched the whole damn thing and I still don't know what happened to the cup final Money!!!!
:moo:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Finally caught up with this. Easy to pick holes, but interesting to get a sense of what it was like for the hun in those days.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Finally caught up with this. Easy to pick holes, but interesting to get a sense of what it was like for the hun in those days.

Watched the whole series on Friday, not too bad, but hardly a match for Homeland in the Sunday evening slot!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I thought the general was gonna close his account before we heard the gunshot, so for that reason he snuffed it.

What's next chaps anyway?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can someone tell me why Schweppensette was so desperate for a nuclear war? The whole plot was based on him hiding evidence so that there would be a war, but I never got any idea of his motive.

Finally got around to finishing this series. I thought it was fun and at times gripping. I presume he hid evidence to justify him position and his huge department's existence. My take is that he hid a key sentence to sex up the document and give the idea that the US threat was real... but events then ran away from him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Third and final series of this due on C4 shortly, no date yet - magnificent

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Third and final series of this due on C4 shortly, no date yet - magnificent
I missed series 2, was it as good as the first? If so I will try and catch up. I thought the end of series one tied up all the loose ends?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I missed series 2, was it as good as the first? If so I will try and catch up. I thought the end of series one tied up all the loose ends?

Worth watching, IMHO, some of it was in Africa as the Wall came down

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here