Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Detroit rapper storms out of Guardian interview after scotch egg banter goes bad

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Best local scotch eggs are from Picnic Corner ( twitter @picnicorner). All hand made, baked and not fried with all free range ingredients, they are the best around. The breakfast egg made with black pudding, thyme and mustard is my favourite and he also has chorizo, sage & maple, thai and even veggie eggs. Available tomorrow at Street Diner or on Saturday at Flo Road Market he also sells at Brighton station most weekday mornings, at HiSBe on London Road and at a few cafes in town.

He also has a share in a WSL season ticket so you are helping an Albion fan (don't be put off by his Scouse accent)
I've only tried the chorizo and Thai ones so far (both delicious), but I'll give the breakfast one a go today...

Would never have guessed he's an Albion fan - he's proper Scouse!
Thank Zeus!

Scotch eggs were made for salad cream.Anything else is frankly a crime against sausage meat.

I like the idea of mashing up the eggy section,im def giving this a go......is that an Escoffier recipe?

I think you'll find it's an EGGscoffier recipe...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I discovered Scotch Eggs with Black Pudding at Borough Market.

Game changing.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
There's a very good reason why the salad cream was the only thing left in the cupboard. Since the Belgiums invented mayonnaise in 1986 we've had no need of this tart slop to ruin our otherwise tasty salads! So, in the cupboard is where that shabby excuse for a condiment should remain.

Cue abuse.......

You can keep your mayonnaise, tried it, don't like it, only salad cream, especially Heinz gives it that zing!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
That is a direct attack on everything i believe in,Salad cream was invented in 1914 and directly influenced not only the war but also acted as a lubricant in the Apollo Space Missions.Take that ludicrous claim back now!

Nonsense, salad cream was invented by rabbits in the late 19th century when they needed something to put humans off eating their supplies of Little Gem Lettuce. Fact.

I concur that it certainly played its part as a gravity defying lubricant during the space race in the 1960s and it's toxic properties did indeed mean that its use as a chemical agent launched against the German trenches played a significant role in us winning the first world war. Rumour has it that Hendrix cover his guitar strings in the stuff to aid combustion and Hitler was wary of invading Britain during the second world war because we still had stockpiles of the stuff strategically placed around our coastal defences. As such its role in history is assured.

However, this still doesn't detract from the fact that, at all costs, the last thing you should actually do with it is put it on, or in, food and eat it!!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I discovered Scotch Eggs with Black Pudding at Borough Market.

Game changing.

That could easily have been said by Alan Partridge to Michael in a BP garage.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Danny Brown was once performing live when a female fan got on the stage and started to perform fellatio upon him.

He didn't even stop or mess up his lyrics. ICE. COLD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here