Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Destiny Udogie

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No, in addition to, I think.

We currently have 4/5 players capable of playing cb - Dunk, Webster, Veltman, Duffy and Cucurella(in a back 3)

We have 3 capable of playing rb - Lamptey, Veltman and Webster

We have 3 capable of playing rwb - Lamptey, March and Veltman

We have 2 capable of playing lwb - Cucurella and March

We have 1 capable of playing lb - Cucurella

This guy would be a lb and lwb option, giving us cover all across the backline. We'd then only need one more defender to get us up to 5/6 possible centre backs. Hopefully that will be Van Hecke.

Lampty came in from Chelsea as an attacking FB.and played there for EU23s Not much time last season on defensive duties. . Still prefer him when attacking from back but Potter has practically played him as a winger

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm going to have to ask the question....

Is it pronounced You Doggy?

If so, I'm IN!

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Also, is he left footed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can he play left back? etc. etc. . . . oh wait a minute, he IS a left back!

I also wonder if the OP would have brought this rumour to our attention ,if it wasn't for his somewhat unique first name.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lampty came in from Chelsea as an attacking FB.and played there for EU23s Not much time last season on defensive duties. . Still prefer him when attacking from back but Potter has practically played him as a winger

Yeah, as a pure right back in a back four I prefer Veltman there, he's more well rounded in that position. I think Lampty's best position is rwb with Veltman on the right side of the back three, but Lampty can play rb if needed, it's not like when we were playing random midfielders as rwb.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent - one for the future season conveyer belt. The sort of signings I really like.

If he signs I wouldn't be surprised if USG is the first stop and the champions league qualifiers.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Excellent - one for the future season conveyer belt. The sort of signings I really like.

If he signs I wouldn't be surprised if USG is the first stop and the champions league qualifiers.

Good call.

I like the quality of players you generally get from Italian football, particularly defenders, as historically that was always one of the strengths. In the (extremely unfortunate) event that Cucurella does go, who knows, may be PL ready.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’m not sure a guy who has just played a whole season in Serie A and has been linked with the very best clubs in Italy would be joining us to go out on loan to USG.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Who was the last player we signed direct from Serie A? I’m struggling to recall any, in recent memory anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who was the last player we signed direct from Serie A? I’m struggling to recall any, in recent memory anyway.

This fella isn't coming direct from Serie A either.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
This fella isn't coming direct from Serie A either.
Seems to be the one market we’ve flat out avoided since being in the PL. Italian clubs probably not the easiest to deal with, possibly due to similar player ownership issues we see in South America - although it doesn’t appear to deter us with the latter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here