Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deserve to go down?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yet we’ve beaten Tottenham, Leeds and Liverpool in our recent run - or is relegation only determined on who beats Crystal Palace?

Bitter rivals? Do you get more points for beating made up - sorry - bitter rivals?

I see where you’ve gone wrong. The question isn’t just about tonight, but about the entire season and, as might happen, too many costly points dropped when we arguably should taken more from let’s face it quite a number of games. Ie do you think we deserve (rue etc) to go down if so? Seems we’ll have no one to blame but ourselves in that sense.

As for saying our rivalry with Palace is made up, blimey, you passionless lettuce. Now I understand. Now I understand!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I've not read the thread, but the teams that 'deserve' to go down finish in 18th, 19th and 20th in the table after 38 games.

Last time I checked, Brighton wasn't one of those teams.

Yes, but we’re into prediction / forecasting / hypothetical debate here re: end of season fayre. Otherwise there’d be no need for NSC, if we just all checked in last day of the season to discuss everything that had happened over the last 9 months. Anyway, have a go at answering the question and offer up an opinion :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you are in the bottom 3 after 38 games you deserve to go down.

Otherwise, you deserve to stay up. Different teams play different ways but the table doesn't lie.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Simples Really

If we finish in bottom 3 we deserve to go down

If we finish outside we don't

Over 38 games it evens out and if we do end up in bottom 3 we will deserve to be in the championship if we come 17th or above we will deserve to be in the premier league

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its difficult to comment tonight, a team tried to win a game in the right way, completely dominating a team who were just about defending and hitting on the break.
Yes, they won this game somehow, but I know which club has better prospects in the future.

A pyric battle may have been lost tonight, but long term their is only one winner in this war.

Iford Albion

Jul 30, 2017
...a side who repeatedly cannot score goals, after 25+ chances game after game, and also repeatedly lose or draw games when restricting opponents to 1 or 2 chances....? Well, we don’t deserve to be in this league do we? It’s absolutely incredible how inept we are at finishing. Season after season.

For all those who’ll cite Liverpool result. A) they’re having their worse run of form since 1923 B) aren’t our bitterest rivals C) who for 2nd season on trot beaten us at home, without created any otherwise chances. And this time without Zaha too!

Fecking livid tonight doesn’t even begin to describe how feeling right now. And yet, it’s all so typical Albion. I curse the day I was taken to the Goldstone. Tonight’s the sort of night you feel like taking a punt on reincarnation.

Can’t bare to watch Potter explain this one. I swear I’ll punch the tele if he says “learning” one more time.

I can't BEAR your spelling. You are so thick you can't even troll very well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think you’re a prick. I will call you a prick.

Grow up. Or push off to bed grumpy. Before you epitomise online abuse. Even extended you an undeserved olive branch which you snapped rather than offer an apology.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
If you go down then you deserve to go down if you don't go down then you don't. we shall see.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't BEAR your spelling. You are so thick you can't even troll very well.

Hi and thanks for the correction. We’ll all sleep better now. Btw, did you know Iford derives from the auld English for haemorrhoids?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Few people are as abusive as you are on this board.

He is one of 3 BHA fans on my ignore - went in on me after Leicester away as I was calm. Not even read this thread, but glad you’ve posted that when I clicked on the last page. Been banned before I notice - not worth the air. Another who can’t look at things rationally after bad results I’m afraid.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Why do people insist on talking about “at home”.

Until such time as ALL fans are allowed back into grounds home “advantage” is non-existent.

Points gained is all that ultimately matters...

Correct, you’d have thought that’d be obvious wouldn’t you? Home, without the support of your fans takes away a fair part of what is “home advantage” surely.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He is one of 3 BHA fans on my ignore - went in on me after Leicester away as I was calm. Not even read this thread, but glad you’ve posted that when I clicked on the last page. Been banned before I notice - not worth the air. Another who can’t look at things rationally after bad results I’m afraid.

Irrational is not the word. Some of the stuff on here tonight is akin to the sort of stuff I’d expect after losing 0-5 to Bournemouth and 0-2 to Cardiff in consecutive weeks. It’s disappointing to lose a game we dominate, but perspective is needed and this is our first defeat since we lost away at City, since when we’ve played 7 and deservedly accumulated 12 points!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Few people are as abusive as you are on this board.

If that were in anyway true I’d say it was perhaps true of you and I in the past, but then you give more than as good as you get and my god your lack of self awareness is breathtaking. Suggest you leave it there, because this smacks yet again of your constant demand for attention each day to fill whatever hole in your life that continually being on NSC and your strange obsession with GP fills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here