Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Describe your favourite film in one sentence

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Stolen drugs for sale, but beware of grasses, war criminals and loudmouths.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Harvey Keitel is running a small tobacco store in Brooklyn and a lot of people gather there to smoke cigarettes and cigars and talk about life and death and everything in between, and then some things happen and the dude in the wheelchair from the prison tv series Oz turn up and he goes with some depressed writer to meet his one-armed father played by Forest Whitaker, and it is all slow paced and cozy and with warm colours and warm people who have ordinary problems, possibly they even struggle to read extremely long sentences despite James Joyce - I think - once writing a full chapter without doing one single full stop along the road, however this does not really got anything to do with the movie I am talking about, so I should probably either end this sentence now or keep going on about the movie, and I opt for the latter because it is written by American author Paul Auster who is one of my favorite writers since nothing happens in his books which is pretty much relatable to life as there is rarely if ever as much drama as in most stories, you should definitely read some of his stuff and watch this movie, and perhaps even watch the inofficial sequel made in the same environment a few days later as it got some eye-brow raising guest stars such as Jim Jarmush, Lou Reed, Michael J Fox and some other people that I either dont recall or dont really know much about.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Devout Christian middle-aged-virgin cop bewildered by weirdoes on Scottish island.

Last edited:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Tarantino gives film to editor, who then drops it all on the floor and puts it back together in the wrong order.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Strange small fellow gives his favourite ring to his nephew, who then takes year touring the countryside with a group of weirdos, and eventually drops it in an underground cave

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Group of friends from Pennsylvania mining town sing Andy Williams song in a pub then go to war and nothing is the same again.

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
An innocent man crawls through a river of shit and comes out clean on the other side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here