derren brown- the system programme

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
so surely he lost money then, what a DOINK!

1. Being an illusionist, he could swap the ticket whenever he wanted to!

2. The racing expert before the race, only selected four horses that he thought was worth betting on, and one of those was the winner! So that saved two bets of £4,000.

3. It's was for a T.V. prog. so that probably had a biggish budget for it, because they paid everybody's losing bets who were eliminated throughout as well.

4. They probably laid it off on Betfair, so she won, but the T.V. programme didn't lose anything.

I thought it was very cleverly done. :drink:

I still think the best bit was were the racing people selected the same people with their initials, the odds for picking a winner in every race. That was very clever. :bowdown:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They didn't explain how the 4 invited people all picked the correct picture from the hundreds posted on the wall and the related incidences, whose chances of happenig were many billions- to-one. Or did I miss something?

No it wasn't explained, nor was the final £4k winning selection....that programme was a load of WANK!!!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Am going to see Derren Brown in Worthing soon, very much looking forward to it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I might have to get tix!

The bloke is a genius at the power of suggestion and NLP, which i find fascinating. Didn't really think a lot of last nights show but would like to see him live again.

Better get a move on as it's bound to be busy. I've managed to get a 5th row middle seat so I'm hoping it means I won't be dragged up on stage :blush:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Nice seat still available on the front row...
pavilionderren333.jpg

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
they picked a few thousand people to start with, split into 6 groups- each group given a different horse to back.. so everyone in the 'winning' group goes forward, in a pyramid style format- that gets slpit into 6 again, each with a different horse.. the woman featured just happened to be in the winning group selected from the previous winning group.. though she didnt know that!

what i didnt get is that she held the 'winning' betslip throughout the race- either Derren changed for winning tix very slyly, or he had bet on the winner and distracted her from checing the original horse he predicted.

ya folla?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I saw Derren Brown tonight. Absolutely amazing. There is absolutely no way he could've known the things he knew. And as for that floating table...there has to be a explanation but I'm confounded.

Falmerite

Jul 26, 2004
Burgess Hill
I saw Brown on Wednesday night, really amazing show. It was strange that we were left standing outside theatre until 8-20 (show was supposed to start at 8). Or was that part of his plan?!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I saw Brown on Wednesday night, really amazing show. It was strange that we were left standing outside theatre until 8-20 (show was supposed to start at 8). Or was that part of his plan?!

No that was definitely not part of the plan. The show on Thursday started at 8 exactly. I overheard a couple of front of house staff talking about how Brown was ill on the Wednesday, so I guess that you were fortunate the show went ahead at all.

The prediction he unveils from the hanging box was the icing on the cake. Impossible.

Falmerite

Jul 26, 2004
Burgess Hill
What words did you get on the roll of paper? We got Croatia and shoes kept recurring, until a lady in the crowd who had been sent back in the 'think of an object' stunt near the start of the show, shouted that she had been thinking of shoes. Our final verdict was that everyone in the theatre apart from us was a stooge!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
What words did you get on the roll of paper? We got Croatia and shoes kept recurring, until a lady in the crowd who had been sent back in the 'think of an object' stunt near the start of the show, shouted that she had been thinking of shoes. Our final verdict was that everyone in the theatre apart from us was a stooge!

The word headphones kept recurring. A bloke in the crowd who had been sent back, as in your show, shouted out that he had been thinking of headphones!

The Oracle bit was spooky. He picked up an envelope, said it had been done by a teenager and was obviously going to be rude so he wasn't going to bother opening it. He threw it into the crowd where someone opened it and it said "Cock" inside. The crowd fell about laughing. At the end he blindfolded himself and started calling out people's names at random and was able to mind read everyone, stuff that he could not possibly have known beforehand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports