Derek - Ricky Gervais - Channel 4 - 10 pm tonight

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think it has the potential to be great. Will be tuning in next week.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Massive Gervais fan here and liked Pilkington long before he hit the limelight from an extra on Gervais' Politics DVD.

I have a HMV voucher (only £5) and was looking the other day - I can get both series of an idiot abroad for £15 - Would people say it's worth getting?

Thanks

Yes mate, definitely. Best thing I've seen on tv for a long time.

Enjoyed Derek too, without it being funny it was easy to watch......

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Well, I really enjoyed it, thought it was touching, not all comedy has to be obvious 'friends' humour.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Well apart from laughing at a Hamster on YouTube (which I do when I am bored) that was toilet. Rather strange subject matter for comedy, mental illness, old age and death.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Isn't it a one off?

Yeah but it is a premier I believe so if it's good enough will become a series. Was a turn of phrase I didn't make it very clear I guess.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
When someone spots something intelligent about his recent efforts, please let me know.

Pseudo clever comedy painted by numbers, no wonder he's a fan of the Simpsons.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. Against all expectations there was some really nicely observed and subtle comedy moments and it was, as mentioned above, very touching.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought the second half was very moving and a well thought out and sensitive portrayal. Overall I would give it 8 out of 10.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was hopeful, but that was dire. Terrible "acting" by Gervais and a very unfunny 24 minutes culminating in borrowing snippets of the soundtrack to This is England 86 to add "depth" and emotion to something mostly feeble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports