Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby v QPR tonight. When DID Derby move from PRIDE Park ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Glad to see redknapp being shown up as the average manager he is, massive budget (biggest in the league?) three players that will be starting games at the World Cup, numerous players with 20 plus caps and he is struggling.

Not his fault though

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Where was this Dale Cavese chant when we went to Pride Park a few weeks ago, the only thing they mustered up was the banging of a drum and that stopped midway through the first half.

Also it looks like all the QPR fans are sat down? Wtf?

The atmosphere is really improving over recent weeks, it's definitely being helped by the club re-configuring the stadium for that precise purpose and the work of a particular group of fans. The away support is also miles better - Of course, all of this is largely helped by us doing quite well.....

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The atmosphere is really improving over recent weeks, it's definitely being helped by the club re-configuring the stadium for that precise purpose and the work of a particular group of fans. The away support is also miles better - Of course, all of this is largely helped by us doing quite well.....
Fair play to Derby, they're doing well using young homegrowners. A good model for the rest of the Championship to follow.......also might have a downward effect on player wages.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
And surprisingly McLaren is doing a good job .... 12 points better than Brighton with a far superior GD, all on a budget where they follow FFP unlike their 2 nearest Championship neighbours!

Absolutely no doubt that when it goes well for McLaren, it goes very well. Good for Derby, well run club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
True. Doing it without PL parachute monies or cheating on FL FFP.
Would be sweet if they went up at the expense of Forest.
Yep. Them and Burnley filling the top two spots (if we don't make it!) would be good....although I believe we'd be in for a bit of a windfall if QPR go up, something to do with the distribution of parachute payments.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
although I believe we'd be in for a bit of a windfall if QPR go up, something to do with the distribution of parachute payments.

Unfortunately not true. Originally the fines were meant to be distributed amonsgst the teams that had abided by the regulations ( a good idea I thought.) They will be now going to charity, a little churlish of me to complain but I liked the "Robin Hood" scheme originally.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Where was this Dale Cavese chant when we went to Pride Park a few weeks ago, the only thing they mustered up was the banging of a drum and that stopped midway through the first half.

Also it looks like all the QPR fans are sat down? Wtf?

Small away followings mean the stewards can get that feeling of power back for 90 minutes. We just refused to sit down because the Derby fans to our right were standing and the stewards melted away after getting nowhere.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
QPR look ****ing useless. Bunch of grossly overpaid hasbeens. No fight, no threat. 'Arry's got to go.

Oh come on, you've got to feel sorry for poor 'Arry, another 5 or 6 full internationals and they'd be in with a shout of automatic promotion, he just doesn't have the squad.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oh come on, you've got to feel sorry for poor 'Arry, another 5 or 6 full internationals and they'd be in with a shout of automatic promotion, he just doesn't have the squad.

He's making noises about bringing Ravel Morrison in today. Do his mates in the press still think he's a great manager?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Unfortunately not true. Originally the fines were meant to be distributed amonsgst the teams that had abided by the regulations ( a good idea I thought.) They will be now going to charity, a little churlish of me to complain but I liked the "Robin Hood" scheme originally.

Teams promoted to the Premier League in theory will have any financial penalty going to charity if they overspend , it will be interesting to see if any of the clubs relegated from the Premier League last season use a loophole to avoid a fine or transfer embargo if they've overspent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here