Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby to sign Rhodes and Lansbury?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
No choice, unfortunately.... It's a load of money but Martin suits the McClaren style and it works be great to have him back

What Pearson did in the time he had at Derby is nothing short of remarkable!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No choice, unfortunately.... It's a load of money but Martin suits the McClaren style and it works be great to have him back
How is it no choice? If it's a load of money, you can say no. It's not like you're short of money.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Not at all.
Don't want to appear to be counting chickens and all that, but the bookies don't appear to agree with you.

The shortest price I can find on Derby for automatic promotion is 11/1, while I can't find better than 1/5 on Brighton and 1/12 on Newcastle.

While bookies can be wrong I do think that sort of makes a bit of a dent in your "strong" contenders statement.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How is it no choice? If it's a load of money, you can say no. It's not like you're short of money.

The deal is done, it would require both Derby and Fulham to back out. If Fulham want to proceed then that's that.... £11m though, would give us a bit of spending power in Jan.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Lansbury's contract expires at the end of the season and he's not yet been offered a new one by them (they've put all discussions on hold until the 'takeover' goes through), so 5-6m might be too good an offer for them to turn down.

I would love him down here . My only concern would be his attitude and that of team spirit . I think he is one of a few players that would add to our style of play .

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You lost me at "Sun reporter thinks..."

Should this thread not be closed on principle? It's like me starting a thread with "man off street thinks Brighton are signing Messi and Ronaldo for a piss and a pie"

Maybe you'll take this publication a bit more seriously?

[tweet]814773680018485249[/tweet]

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Don't want to appear to be counting chickens and all that, but the bookies don't appear to agree with you.

The shortest price I can find on Derby for automatic promotion is 11/1, while I can't find better than 1/5 on Brighton and 1/12 on Newcastle.

While bookies can be wrong I do think that sort of makes a bit of a dent in your "strong" contenders statement.

We are halfway through the season. They have massive spending power, are on a strong run. The top two slots are no way filled, regardless of gaps. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. As long as we keep our good run going, we will be fine. But there are 5 or 6 teams below is in the table that have sights on automatic and will no doubt be challenging all the way.

Teams that can easily out muscle us in the transfer window.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Unless this changes DRASTICALLY over the coming months, I don't care if they gazump China and spend £1,000,000 per week on Ronaldo.

Capture.JPG

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
We are halfway through the season. They have massive spending power, are on a strong run. The top two slots are no way filled, regardless of gaps. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. As long as we keep our good run going, we will be fine. But there are 5 or 6 teams below is in the table that have sights on automatic and will no doubt be challenging all the way.

Teams that can easily out muscle us in the transfer window.

Don't deny any of that, it was your use of the phrase strong contenders for automatic promotion that I was contesting. Strong to be blunt is a bit strong!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Since McClaren took over (again) and Derby have been on scorching form we've still earned more points than them, as have Newcastle.

This. I love all this talk about the 'fabulous runs' that other teams are on - pundit after pundit mentioning Derby, Villa, Leeds, Reading.......yet form tables for 6, 10 and most importantly I guess 23 games have us at the top (Newcastle are 11th on last 6 interestingly)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here