Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby sign Tom Ince: £4.75 million

sterns1901

Jun 25, 2013
They will certainly finish above us. That is a good signing imo. Way above what we would be prepared to spend but a similar club in terms of size and attendances but everyone happy to believe the Barber spin and ffp

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
They were top of the table when they bought Bent and Ince in and look where they finished. Good players no doubt, team players, maybe not. You can't go through clubs like Ince has without there being something a miss. I wouldn't want him here.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
They've spent £8 million+ already as well as adding a good £75k+ to their wage bill & still trying to sign Jason Shackell for around £2.5 million.

If they've got the money and can get away with it, why not. I'm going to be hoping they bottle it again though, obviously.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
They will certainly finish above us. That is a good signing imo. Way above what we would be prepared to spend but a similar club in terms of size and attendances but everyone happy to believe the Barber spin and ffp
Not saying we are going to splash that much on one player but we havent finished shopping yet bit early to judge.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Derby and Wolves will finish in the automatic positions this coming season I reckon.

The problem with players like Tom Ince is that they think they are superstars before actually achieving anything of note. Yet to prove he is up to top flight standard.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

So where is the money going to come from for the Albion to sign a £4-5million player?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How nice would it be to miss out on the playoffs having lost in them the previous year and instead of selling off every saleable player because they want out, to be able to spend and strengthen the team. Funny how Derby have managed to sign players who don't feel the need to leave after a playoff disappointment. I always had my doubts about how hard we tried to keep our best players. I guess not strengthening could have had a big influence on those players.

What's the old cliche about a h'apworth of tar?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

It's not about having the best or most expensive players it's about having the best team, Big spending Derby had Ince last season but small spending Ipswich still finished above them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So where is the money going to come from for the Albion to sign a £4-5million player?

A multi millionaire who wants to invest in the Albion? Is TB open to letting a little bit of control go? ThIs assumes that there might be someone who does want to invest. It seems they are queuing up at Derby.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
So they should really they have spent a truck full of cash on wages and fees. Should win the league by ten points.

Deduct 10 pts for a new manager = 76 pts and play-offs prediction.

The accounts for the 2014/2015 season are up to June 30th. Although Derby have already signed 5 players before Ince became the sixth I would hazard a guess that those contracts didn't become effective until July 1st. The goalposts on FFP have been moved so a club can have a collective loss of £39M over 3 seasons before being penalised so long as they can prove secure owner funding and future financials for the next two seasons ahead. The new rules were decided by a majority of Championship clubs at a FL EGM held last November at the iPro.

This is from the start of the 2016/17 season, it's a straight £13m max loss for the coming season.
Derby posted total annual losses of approx. £7m in both 2012/13 and 2013/14 when BHA's were £15m and £10.5m respectively so they appear to have considerably more "leeway" than the Albion, largely because their total wage bill is significantly lower. £8m on player purchases will, assuming they are 4yr contracts, only add £2m/pa to Derby's losses.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I dont know whats going on with Tom Ince's career. He seems to have constant hype around him, but he seems to bounce from club to club and rarely gets a run in the first team. He could of gone to Inter Milan at one point, but turned it down to go to Hull and sit on the bench. Then he has the audacity to tell England U21's to not consider him for the U21 World Club smh.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I dont know whats going on with Tom Ince's career. He seems to have constant hype around him, but he seems to bounce from club to club and rarely gets a run in the first team. He could of gone to Inter Milan at one point, but turned it down to go to Hull and sit on the bench. Then he has the audacity to tell England U21's to not consider him for the U21 World Club smh.

If he was as good as the hype surrounding him he'd be signing for a premier league club not Derby, It's got all the hallmarks of when we signed CMS.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Let's get in for Chris Martin. No chance I guess, but seriously if they look to let him go we should be straight in for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here