Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby season ticket renewals - we could learn a lot

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Did you pay the band circa £400 each year? No, so it's a poor analogy.

Did you see that band 23 times each year then? It's a reasonable analogy and if you're not happy with interest free DD payments, price freeze, new price band for U21s, then maybe you should take up Derby's offer.

As a STH, my match ticket price is effectively £23 which includes the various travel options. It cost £9 to watch Burgess Hill FC so I'm paying a little over double to watch a team in the second tier of the football pyramid, 6 divisions higher than Burgess Hill and with far better facilities.

Would I prefer it if the ST price were cheaper, who wouldn't, but equally I'm not complaining about the package we do have.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Derby have released the following statement and pricing structure for next season...

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/secure-your-seat-for-the-201516-season-2252871.aspx
http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/

Couple of ideas we'd do well to look at:
1) Early bird discounts = extra incentive
2) No mention of a rise should they get promotion = i.e. fans not feeling like theyre being mugged off
3) Reduced price for those renewing, further reduction on those renewing after more than 1 year = increased loyalty, extra incentive for those thinking twice about renewing

I think point 3 especially would be nice to see at the Albion. There are season ticket holders from the Gillingham and Withdean days who pay exactly the same price as someone who just walks in off the street. Pretty poor.

Apparently point 3 is not possible as they do not have records going back prior to Withdean so us old Goldstone STH would still miss out on the nebies, last 10 years.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Apparently point 3 is not possible as they do not have records going back prior to Withdean so us old Goldstone STH would still miss out on the nebies, last 10 years.

Good.

The sense of entitlement from some people is ridiculous. When the very first season tickets went on sale at the Amex, those who'd had season tickets at Withdean were given priority, and had first choice on where they wanted to sit before the newbies could apply (from memory I think they even scaled that according to how long they'd been STH's at Withdean). That was fair enough IMO, and worked very well.

For some people to STILL be expecting something back from the club for going to games at Withdean, when we're embarking on our 5th season at the Amex, is a JOKE.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
People actually pay for there season ticket upfront.

Maybe its just the under 30's who dont, but I know at least 7 people who manage to have a ST purely because of the Monthly DD scheme.

If this was cancelled or a large fee added to I think the majority would not return.

I dont mind seeing people paying upfront getting a discount, But I would prefer it if it was a 3/5 year thing apposed to 1 year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The one aspect of that I DO like is "existing Season Ticket Holders currently have their seats reserved for next season until the beginning of May 2015"

IMHO it doesn't make sense that our STH's have to commit by mid March with a quarter of THIS season still to go.

I wonder how many people took up the option originally to purchase their ticket for life.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The one aspect of that I DO like is "existing Season Ticket Holders currently have their seats reserved for next season until the beginning of May 2015"

IMHO it doesn't make sense that our STH's have to commit by mid March with a quarter of THIS season still to go.

Pretty much always been that way. ST renewals tended to be March/early April. If the club waited until the beginning of May and then gave STH a month to decide, how are they going to decide a budget for the transfer window?

SAC

May 21, 2014
The monthly DD is good for fans but also fantastic for the club. The club hope that doing nothing and continuing with monthly ST payments is much easier than requesting to cancel it. Health and fitness clubs have been doing this for years.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Derby have released the following statement and pricing structure for next season...

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/secure-your-seat-for-the-201516-season-2252871.aspx
http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/

Couple of ideas we'd do well to look at:
1) Early bird discounts = extra incentive
2) No mention of a rise should they get promotion = i.e. fans not feeling like theyre being mugged off
3) Reduced price for those renewing, further reduction on those renewing after more than 1 year = increased loyalty, extra incentive for those thinking twice about renewing

I think point 3 especially would be nice to see at the Albion. There are season ticket holders from the Gillingham and Withdean days who pay exactly the same price as someone who just walks in off the street. Pretty poor.
:) :) :)
Ticket prices frozen - check
New discount bracket for under 21's - check
Subsidised travel extended - check
Still people complaining - check

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
If I paid £20 to see a band play 10 years ago and tickets for their current tour are £40, should I expect to pay less than people who didn't see them 10 years ago?

With your appalling taste in music the bands you like should be paying YOU to go and see them!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Do Derby struggle to sell STs ? - if so, it's more likely they to have to offer incentives to get people to sign up.

Would they do this with circa 20k STs?

How much would doing this discourage match by match fans as it becomes even more disproportionate?

How much revenue would the Albion lose because we are near saturation point with ST sales so would the club benefit?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Derby also have paid off their stadium I believe

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm kind of ok with what we are charged, seems pretty fair and club becoming more innovative. And would expect to pay more to watch us if we get promoted. But of course its not easy for everyone so would support more differentiation, eg marginally higher rates to support discount for those unemployed / disabled etc. i will get my hard hat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here