Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Saturday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not 'must win' at all, but a win will be a massive boost.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where's everyone drinking before the game?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
All I can say is that I'm looking forward to this game a lot, and the anticipation has even been a little heightened by some NSCers' rational and irrational fears about the current state of the club. This is why I love the days leading up to the game - nobody knows what's going to happen, everybody cares about what's going to happen - we've got it all to look forward to. Roll on Saturday afternoon....

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I've got a season long bet with a Leeds supporter and a Burnley supporter who I work with.
I'm copping a bit of stick at the moment, it took Gus 3 years to get us to where we are now, so I think OG deserves more than 2 games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Palace lost their first 3 games last year. It was only after the transfer window closed - just after they'd signed Bolasie - that they got going. So no, it's not must win on Saturday. Although it'd be nice.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Massive, massive game. Biggest ever. And that's why I'll be giving our boys a boost be easing out a timely turd in the Derby changing room just before kick off. Works every time.

Flex Your Head

Massive, massive game. Biggest ever. And that's why I'll be giving our boys a boost be easing out a timely turd in the Derby changing room just before kick off. Works every time.
That actually made me laugh out loud, which alerted my colleagues to the fact that I probably wasn't doing what I'm paid to do.
My manager is a Derby fan living in Brighton - this is a 'must-win' game as far as I'm concerned!

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I genuinely think the whole transfer window business is frustrating and bad for the game. It feels like a phoney war at the moment and because the season started so early that period is longer than normal. I'm sure our friends up the road had a shocking start to last season, stuffed by Bristol City if I remember rightly, then they got some players in at the end of Aug, and it transformed their season (were Jedinak, Bolasie in that group? I wasn't really paying attention).

So to answer the OP no I don't think it's must win but hope we do. I am sure the club are looking to bring in 1 or 2 full backs, plus more, but I can't see much happening this side of 2/9 and until we know the full make up of our squad for the first half of the season it's difficult to predict anything.

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
Come on give Oscar a break, only the 2nd game of the season and are first league home game !!

ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY !!! FACT

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
I genuinely think the whole transfer window business is frustrating and bad for the game. It feels like a phoney war at the moment and because the season started so early that period is longer than normal. I'm sure our friends up the road had a shocking start to last season, stuffed by Bristol City if I remember rightly, then they got some players in at the end of Aug, and it transformed their season (were Jedinak, Bolasie in that group? I wasn't really paying attention).

So to answer the OP no I don't think it's must win but hope we do. I am sure the club are looking to bring in 1 or 2 full backs, plus more, but I can't see much happening this side of 2/9 and until we know the full make up of our squad for the first half of the season it's difficult to predict anything.

Sorry I just noticed that nwgull already said exactly this but much more succinctly

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's still too early for a "must-win' game. However, the honeymoon period for Oscar will almost be over and the Birmingham away match would create more pressure for him.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Seeing as the decision to sack Poyet is looking like a stupid one, at the moment, i'd say that for OG's case this IS a must win game. Another home defeat and I think people will start to turn on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here