Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby forum

gully1984

May 3, 2014
I just hope Oscar has reminded the team that tomorrow is the season defining game and that it doesn't matter if we lose by 10 or 20 so long as we go up there and have a knock ffs. No point in tip tap, might as well go balls out.

Throw whatever caution he might otherwise have out of the window for a change. Give the fans something to enjoy.

Spot on!

Ramalanadingdong

May 6, 2014
first half for sure...but i'm still puzzled why they didn't go for the throat in the second half...i can only remember one of those after the break...a third would have killed the tie..they sat back and nearly paid for it but for some good goalkeeping and a touch of luck (bar)

That's one of our big negatives as a team .. We do sit back and can defend too deep and just invite wave after wave of attack upon us .. And a major reason why I feel this tie has a long way to go still ..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's one of our big negatives as a team .. We do sit back and can defend too deep and just invite wave after wave of attack upon us .. And a major reason why I feel this tie has a long way to go still ..

Yep, but being one of the best counter attacking teams in this league it works. Our job has to be not giving away possession cheaply when we have committed players forward, that tends to be our problem.

Will be interesting if it is still 2-1 with half an hour to go, how deep will you get to defend the lead, and if we then make a mistake at the wrong time.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
2 minutes in, Ulloa gets free of his marker into the penalty area and is hauled down. Penalty and Derby down to ten men.

Anything can happen in football

Penalty missed, but at least we'd be playing against 10 all game. This is Pawson though, so he'd probably send Leo off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here