Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby forum

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I just hope Oscar has reminded the team that tomorrow is the season defining game and that it doesn't matter if we lose by 10 or 20 so long as we go up there and have a knock ffs. No point in tip tap, might as well go balls out.

Throw whatever caution he might otherwise have out of the window for a change. Give the fans something to enjoy.

southstandSam

May 5, 2014
You've got the right to be optimistic about tomorrow I guess and to be honest, We've nothing to lose. Maybe another year In the championship will do us some good as I feel now we've over achieved somewhat. Either way, whatever tomorrows result. I can say now. I'm not going to be too disappointed. May the best team win on the day.

After 5 very disappointing league finishes under Clough most if not all Derby fans had accepted another season of struggle , the fact that we finished the season so high is a massive bonus to us and like you if we go out either tomorrow or at Wembley it has still been a fantastic season for us.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
TBH I can deal with another performance were we have alot of possession but dont really create enuf. What I do want and has already been mentioned is for the lads to go out there tomorrow and give their all: show us that this actually means as much to them as it does to us.

After thursday, probably in a kind of mental self presevation I've got the mindset that anything we achieve from this season now is just a bonus. I want Oscar to have a whole preseason: he can get his own players in and hopefully we'll start playing his style of football with the players he knows can do it.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I think the overall standard of the refs in the championship is quite poor this one inc

Did not hear many complaints about him after our 4-1 thrashing of Leicester, nor 3-0 over Palace last year! Still did not do to well in our 3-1 home loss to Forest.

Be nice if a referee gave Leo a fair chance after Thursday's manhandling of him by the Derby centre halves.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The second leg is often the crazy game anything can happen, I understand why the Derby faithful are confident but its not a normal game. If we hit the onion bag first Derby may become very nervy cant wait myself to see the outcome.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The second leg is often the crazy game anything can happen, I understand why the Derby faithful are confident but its not a normal game. If we hit the onion bag first Derby may become very nervy cant wait myself to see the outcome.

It seems to be all on that first goal

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Whatever happens tomorrow, I'm already looking forward to the many players being linked and eventually signing for us (with BrightonMark1234 saying they're crap!) and seeing how we develop our playing style under Oscar, whatever division we're in!

p.s No offence Mark! :wink:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I bloody hope not whats the point of that , we have been told to stay off the pitch and the players will come back out to do a lap of appreciation.

My mistake, it was a different Derby forum - Rams Talk - that I was reading where there was a thread about a pitch invasion on the final whistle tomorrow.

Definitely confident fans on there though.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Still confident that we can pull it off, we just need that little bit more urgency when we attack so it doesn't allow them to get all 10 outfield players defending the ball as we pass it sideways and backwards from the edge of their box

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Whatever happens tomorrow, I'm already looking forward to the many players being linked and eventually signing for us (with BrightonMark1234 saying they're crap!) and seeing how we develop our playing style under Oscar, whatever division we're in!

p.s No offence Mark! :wink:

He's only haeving his view

:wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I get the feeling luck will play a big part, in three games against Derby we have had none....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Luckily we a proper ref in Craig Pawson then! :thumbsup:

I can't see us overturning the score, but who knows, anything can happen.

Craig Pawson was that Burnley ref, but he has also reoffend two good wins for us including Leicester away recently.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Craig Pawson was that Burnley ref, but he has also reoffend two good wins for us including Leicester away recently.

We could do without him reoffending thanks. Those red cards were criminal.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Everything points to them beating us. They have a lead. They have home advantage. They have beaten us three times so far this season. They score goals for fun.

But there is always the chance of the imponderable: that little stroke of luck that spins a tie on its head. It's why we come back week after week, year after year.

Bring it on.

:bhasign:

This. Its what makes us love football

Dec 29, 2011
They didn't really do much well at all. They had 0 shots on target in open play (the only one that was on target was the penalty).

I thought they looked more dangerous than we did. They broke quickly and caused our defenders to panic, flashing some very dangerous balls across the box. It could have scored 3 or 4, but equally we could have scored 3 or 4 too. It's luck of the draw but I'm confident we can put in a decent performance against them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought they looked more dangerous than we did. They broke quickly and caused our defenders to panic, flashing some very dangerous balls across the box. It could have scored 3 or 4, but equally we could have scored 3 or 4 too. It's luck of the draw but I'm confident we can put in a decent performance against them.

first half for sure...but i'm still puzzled why they didn't go for the throat in the second half...i can only remember one of those after the break...a third would have killed the tie..they sat back and nearly paid for it but for some good goalkeeping and a touch of luck (bar)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here