Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Fans - funny old lot

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Being on the half way line in the West the Derby fans were very loud until we scored. However we were very quiet until we scored.

Unless both sets of fans are loud it's always going to be a problem until more singers are put in large numbers near the away fans.

I am going to disagree with you slightly, we were very quiet all the first half, but we got going before we scored, the goal just ensured it continued. Derby fans were good for a tuesday night, until it all went Pete Tong for em.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Happens all the time but it is funny with all the bravado and self indulgent "making all the noise" type chants they were then silent after going a goal down. Good numbers mind and pretty noisy before then.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've got time for this Rams lot. Seem a good bunch with a team being run on the right lines. #risspict

This. Have never disliked their club or fans. There will always be banter and wind-ups (other than from the mute, lifeless Reading 'fanbase'), but Derby have never across as spiteful or having a baseless hate of the Albion.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Compared with Leeds last week I was surprised, given their league position, that there brought far fewer fans and they were certainly significantly quieter.

Odd support indeed for a club right at the top of the table.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
Feels like after most games we see comments suggesting that one end of the amex cant hear the other end so both think they are being quiet.....guess it depends where you sit....

anyway, i could hear Derby singing quite a lot, and mostly having a dig at us for being quiet. Singing 'Your support is f*****g s**t', which I thought was a bit uncalled for after we had all just shown our respects clapping the minutes applause....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good luck to them for the rest of the season, robbed against QPR in the playoffs and deserve to go up.

Proper club, proper fans and for once a team largely consisting of British and Irish players

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Compared with Leeds last week I was surprised, given their league position, that there brought far fewer fans and they were certainly significantly quieter.

Odd support indeed for a club right at the top of the table.

Certain that if the game was played on a Saturday they would have sold out their end.
Talking of crowds at the top of the table, I noticed Bournemouth had under ten thousand last night.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
To be fair to them that was good turnout for a long midweek journey and they certainly outsung us until the two North Stand divisions woke up late in the second half.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good luck to them for the rest of the season, robbed against QPR in the playoffs and deserve to go up.

Proper club, proper fans and for once a team largely consisting of British and Irish players

Decent club. Spoke to a few last night and all decent blokes . No issues at all with them. Hope they go up instead of bournemouth

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
How many were in the Derby audience??

???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Certain that if the game was played on a Saturday they would have sold out their end.
Talking of crowds at the top of the table, I noticed Bournemouth had under ten thousand last night.
To be fair Bournemouth are tinpot.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Must be a ball ache getting that "Super Rams" flag everywhere

I seem to remember a photo of it hanging from the side of the Palace Pier once, a couple of seasons ago (would have been when we played them at home early in the season I guess).

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well, they hadn't won in five, and a lot of the ungrateful twunts were moaning about it on their message boards, so...what is the world coming to when fans of bloody Bournemouth are complaining because their team is only third or fourth in the Championship? :rolleyes:

Well, they hadn't won in five, and a lot of the ungrateful twunts were moaning about it on their message boards, so...what is the world coming to when fans of bloody Bournemouth are complaining because their team is only third or fourth in the Championship? :rolleyes:

Bit reminiscent of some on this board in the last couple of seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here