Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby - Eric Steele Appointed as Coach. Schteve Appointed as Head Coach.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Eric was a legend. Remember how he couldn't bear to watch Albion penalties - he stood clutching the net facing back at the crowd waiting for their reaction.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't hate us for our not often seen American owners' decision!!

I have always had a soft spot for Derby, in fact our League cup defeat there back in the 70's is one of the few games that we lost that I really enjoyed. Only went for that game to the Baseball Ground but the atmosphere that night was fantastic and I really liked the ground.

I guess I just had a lot of time for Clough and feel really bad for him :shrug:

Do you, as a Derby fan, understand the sacking?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Steele experienced promotion with Peterborough x 1, Brighton x 2, Watford x 1 and Derby x 2.

Will Derby be promotion number 6?

(Or will it be his first taste of relegation?)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Can't help thinking that something has happened behind the scenes at Derby for the recent decisions. Shit or bust choices seem to have been made there me reckons.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I have always had a soft spot for Derby, in fact our League cup defeat there back in the 70's is one of the few games that we lost that I really enjoyed. Only went for that game to the Baseball Ground but the atmosphere that night was fantastic and I really liked the ground.

I guess I just had a lot of time for Clough and feel really bad for him :shrug:

Do you, as a Derby fan, understand the sacking?

On Clough and feeling bad, me too. Fantastic bloke - Reserved, not a great media presence but passionate in his own way and wanted to do things the right way.

Do I understand his sacking? Yes I do, the board were probably struggling to see where promotion (which is ultimately what we're all after) was coming from. I was gutted by it though, slowly but surely I think we were getting better and we were doing it on the cheap and the academy is starting to be a 'conveyor belt'. I really wanted Nigel to succeed, he's a Derby man through and through and that meant a lot but I think a couple of things let him down - He's very stubborn and appears to find it difficult to change his mind (don't know where he got that from....) and he's incredibly loyal so he bought this band of amateurs from Burton with him and never changed his team. I think a stronger coaching team may have made the difference.....

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Eric is a great bloke, owns a flat down my road, though not there much any more as he also has another property in Derbyshire. I sometimes chat to him when he is at his mums walking the dogs in the morning.

IMG_0197.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here