Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Leicester City

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Derby are SEVENTEEN points behind us, I am not sure we need to be worrying about them going to a replay!

My paranoia has no bounds.

And they need to be up for Newcastle in 2 games, so I redact my ebulliance. :bowdown:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Really good cup tie I thought. Will Hughes going off just swung the pendulum back in Leicester's favour and the one time Demarai Gray put a decent cross in all evening, Wes Morgan headed it home. They had chances to win it at the end.

Leicester shouldn't mind a replay. They got out of jail and if they can win the replay, they could go a long way in the competition and it could spark their season into life.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really good cup tie I thought. Will Hughes going off just swung the pendulum back in Leicester's favour and the one time Demarai Gray put a decent cross in all evening, Wes Morgan headed it home. They had chances to win it at the end.

Leicester shouldn't mind a replay. They got out of jail and if they can win the replay, they could go a long way in the competition and it could spark their season into life.

I agree that a replay could frustrate Derby's promotion push, but if I was a Leicester fan I'd be worried, they are losing far too many games, and sinking lower and lower in the table.

Will very soon be embroiled in a relegation scrap in my opinion.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I agree that a replay could frustrate Derby's promotion push, but if I was a Leicester fan I'd be worried, they are losing far too many games, and sinking lower and lower in the table.

Will very soon be embroiled in a relegation scrap in my opinion.

That's why I think staying in the cup will help them. They need a spark and I think a cup run will help boost confidence.

They are perilously close to getting dragged into the relegation scrap, although the one thing that helps them is that neither Sunderland nor Palace look like buying a win at the moment and Hull, despite their League Cup win last night, are down to the bare bones.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A bit like the 83 Cup Final. I'm going for Derby in the replay.

I wonder what the odds ar for 0-4 (better value than a £2 lottery ticket - or why I waste any winnings at the bookies).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
credit to both for fielding strong sides. Derby looked very good and so pleased they had a poor start to season. Very suprised Hughes not playing in Premier.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
credit to both for fielding strong sides. Derby looked very good and so pleased they had a poor start to season. Very suprised Hughes not playing in Premier.

Hughes is a player i would seriously look at and Tom Ince if we went up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here