Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Was it a penalty, please tell.
Wilson was barged over, not given. Derby were given one though. Hughton said it was harsh, and he never complains.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Greer wasn't it?
uploadfromtaptalk1449944496317.jpgwas it? I couldn't tell

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gosh. Been familying all afternoon. Surprised and disappointed to come on here and find a load of moaning about how we are not top 6 in the prem, and how our season is about to collapse the minute we play the 'top' sides.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the other top sides only top sides because they . . . have not yet played us?

I have a poncy work dinner on Tuesday in London. Is it POTG at Loftus? Home end if necessary? I feel a massive 'sneaking out while nobody is looking' going on. A MASSIVE one.

Rejoice! We are magnificent :bhasign::clap:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We all would have taken that result, Burnley and Boro not making any ground as well, Hull were always going to win, so all in all, a decent day, but could have been superb without the dodgy penalty, well done lads, lets get 6 points in the next 2 games

Nugent shown a straight red too, so he won't be playing against us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Watched the pen a few times. Reckless challenge by, Greer, I think. But the guy had already crossed it so pretty 50/50

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great game and a fair result if disappointing after getting our noses back in front so late on.
They will be the happier side with the result.
We are a good side and how we are coping with the injuries piling up is little short of miraculous.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It looked to me like the ball had gone out of play, Dunk had already lunged in and the Derby player (Russell I think) took the chance to throw himself down.

The ref should've considered where the ball was once Dunk made connection with the derby player. It was never a goal scoring chance, 9/10 players tend to throw themselves down when in those positions around the box.

Crap referee.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Great game and a fair result if disappointing after getting our noses back in front so late on.
They will be the happier side with the result.
We are a good side and how we are coping with the injuries piling up is little short of miraculous.

This is it and as we are the away side one can expect to lose the 50/50 ref decisions. A technical penalty perhaps but I doubt that it would have been given at the AMEX against us. A great result. The stats show Derby deserved a draw from this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes. I know Mega is a bit mad, but he made it fairly clear - 'Being realistic. Once we start playing the harder teams and we start getting hit by injury' was a joke, as it's what other fans/commentators have said recently, despite the fact we've just about played everyone, and had several injuries.

WA being asked specifically, can Wilson definitely not be recalled, and WA said no. Really? I've seen Wilson himself saying that he can be.

This was covered earlier this week. Wilson did say that there was a recall option, and someone even quoted the loan rules for youth players (which Wilson was, aged 20, at the point the loan started) which stated that the recall option can be exercised after a month or 28 days (can't remember which).
We want to hope United's injury list doesn't keep piling up -- Lingard's just gone off -- because this, combined with Wilson banging them in with great regularity, might be bad news for us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How did Van La Parre do generally other than obviously scoring. Will he provide adequate cover for Solly?

He scored against our main rivals after creating the winner for Hemed last week. He's sh1t.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It looked to me like the ball had gone out of play, Dunk had already lunged in and the Derby player (Russell I think) took the chance to throw himself down.

The ref should've considered where the ball was once Dunk made connection with the derby player. It was never a goal scoring chance, 9/10 players tend to throw themselves down when in those positions around the box.

Crap referee.

I actually think Derby would have scored from the cross in anyways if the referee hadn't have blown, they had two players waiting at the back post to head in. Greer I believe was on the line so don't think it was him who committed the foul, I didn't see it myself but was told by the guy stood next to me that it was Bruno so I'm none the wiser

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This was covered earlier this week. Wilson did say that there was a recall option, and someone even quoted the loan rules for youth players (which Wilson was, aged 20, at the point the loan started) which stated that the recall option can be exercised after a month or 28 days (can't remember which).
Which is what I've been saying. But they put it to WA - they said that many understand he can be recalled, and he said no, he definitely can't be. If he's wrong, then he's an idiot for claiming to be completely 100% sure when he isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here