Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really? Calde was solid today, wasn't he?
Calde was fantastic. He was strong on the ball to pass to Murphy for our first goal. But that doesn't mean we don't miss Rosenior and Bong, who are undeniably better and offer more going forward.

We didn't miss them today. Calde was very solid.
He was, he filled in very well, but that doesn't mean Bong wouldn't have done better.
If it wasn't for Rohan's lapse of judgement we'd have had 3 points.
What on earth was he thinking :facepalm:

How did Van La Parre do generally other than obviously scoring. Will he provide adequate cover for Solly?
He was excellent. Fast, can cross, can score.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
How did Van La Parre do generally other than obviously scoring. Will he provide adequate cover for Solly?

Squandered some good opportunities initially but the pace of the game was frenetic. Showed good pace and his finish was superb. Hopefully that will give him the confidence to perform.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
I'm over the ****ing moon with the result! Derby are very lucky to get a draw! We are Premiership bound no doubt, have been hearing all week how this is the biggest game of the season bullshit every game is big for us because we are unbeaten and top of the league!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At the start of the season I was worried that our unbeaten run was just a brief run of form and that once we lost our season could peter out into mid table obscurity. The longer the season goes on and the repeated displays of character that this team consistently displays makes me unconcerned about the day we do lose. I'm confident we'll bounce right back and keep on winning and picking up points. Today was achieved with Bong, Rosenior, Crofts, LuaLua, Baldock and March all out injured.

Exactly!

I'm very wary of getting over confident, and I know the team have their feet kept on the ground by superb management, but it's been clear for a while now that we're not just getting lucky or riding a run of form. This team is bloody solid and truly in it together. It's looking very likely that we're in it for the long haul, but if even if we do fall short come the end of the season, I'm already massively proud of every single one of our players. Keep it up lads, you're all doing a great job!

Feb 14, 2010
I'm over the ****ing moon with the result! Derby are very lucky to get a draw! We are Premiership bound no doubt, have been hearing all week how this is the biggest game of the season bullshit every game is big for us because we are unbeaten and top of the league!

I hope you are right and if so then what is the aim?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
5 minutes away.. that is a statement of accepting failure. That has always been the problem with Brighton. Aim for the stars and dont be content. Palace are top 6 so I want to be above that. They got how many in the Championship. We are 4 points off third in the Championship. That is all. Today we ****ed it up. No cigar so lets not have could have would have should have or even worse "didnt they do well".

You're posts are really getting more and more ridiculous the longer this unbeaten run goes on. Does it really frustrate you that much that you can't say 'told you so? ' :lol::lol::lol:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
This team has amazing spirit. Hopefully the lads still make VLP and Wilson the toast of the coach home. Brilliant goals from both of them. They both need to acclimatise a little more and hopefully their contributions today'll have them in the heart of what is making this season so f-in brilliant to be a seagull!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seemed to try and beat the man every time and rarely did. But shows promise and a really good finish for his goal. Will get there I think - but he's got big shoes to fill following Solly March.

If as has been suggested Solly just keeled over with nobody near him and if it is his knee he could be out for a few weeks/months May need to try to buy Van La Parre in January as his loan expires on the 1st but he cant play against Wolves unless we can have everything signed and sealed and he gets registered by fax at 0002 on 1st.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Superb result. Derby were aggressive and vile because we've upset their sense of entitlement. Bent looked really fat. This is the best Albion team I've ever seen in getting on for fifty years. Might all still go wrong, but this run is the stuff of legends.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really? Hard to tell with his form.
Yes. I know Mega is a bit mad, but he made it fairly clear - 'Being realistic. Once we start playing the harder teams and we start getting hit by injury' was a joke, as it's what other fans/commentators have said recently, despite the fact we've just about played everyone, and had several injuries.

WA being asked specifically, can Wilson definitely not be recalled, and WA said no. Really? I've seen Wilson himself saying that he can be.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Delighted with an away point against one of the rivals.

20 games unbeaten, top of the league.

Never had a season like this.

Couldn't ask for more.

Well done lads.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But the window doesn't open til the 2nd so that might be a challenge

(Response to BG but forgot to quote)

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
Squandered some good opportunities initially but the pace of the game was frenetic. Showed good pace and his finish was superb. Hopefully that will give him the confidence to perform.

I thought VLP did really well (based on watching the game on a live stream). Not quite as tricky as Solly, but better crosser. Cool finish too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No cigar..............
Don't smoke. Doubt if many of the players do either.

..............so lets not have could have..........
Could have, definitely.

would have should have or even worse "didnt they do well" .
They did do well; they held us to a draw. Listen to the BBC Sports Report....."Brighton were held by Derby", not "Derby were held at home". We may or may not get promoted, but we have definitely arrived.

And as for Palarse, I couldn't give a shlt (not even one of your's) if they were in the draw for Euro 2016 that I'm listening to now.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was talking to a chap a fortnight ago that works at the club, he told me that Wilson could not be recalled, whilst the rumours and debate was going on i did not want to say anything. Well Warren has just confirmed that Wilson can not be recalled, we have him for the season.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Well cant complain but palace are top 6 in the top flight. This a club with a smaller support than us. So Im going to moan. Typical Brighton, good result but no cigar. A win would have been a huge result but we fcked it up.

Do you ever say anything positive about this club? I mean ever? It hurts me in the guts to see Palace where they are, but it shows where we could potentially be in a year or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports