Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Keep the shape, hit balls over the top for Wilson and Parrot to chase as Derby press.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Chris Hughton knows more about the game than you do. He also sees these guys every day in training. I like Uwe but respect the opinion of a man who has played at the very top level and managed there .
Is the blindingly obvious reality.

Hughton gets pretty much everything right imho
That sounds patronising. I understand that fans like to have an opinion, say what formation we'd like to see, who we'd like to see start etc, but when a manager is doing as well as Hughton, I think any fan is being a bit naive (I'm being generous) to say the manager is wrong, and knows less than the fan.
uwe on the bench is a strange one. Dunk is a liability
Hughton not only knows a shit ton about football, he knows even more about defenders. He obviously sees qualities in Dunk that you (and plenty of others) can't see. Although you can't see it, you should be able to respect a) Hughton's greater football knowledge and b) the fact that Hughton sees much much more of the players than we do.

Also surprised chicksen hasn't been given At least a go. He looked surprisingly decent in a reserve match I was sad enough to watch a stream of (lower standard obviously )
And Hughton will know that, and chooses Calderon. I'm glad to hear Chicksen was playing well though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here