Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I still struggle to accept that we're top of the league and unbeaten. Every week I'm sure the bubble will burst and every week it doesn't.

But were definitely loose.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I still struggle to accept that we're top of the league and unbeaten. Every week I'm sure the bubble will burst and every week it doesn't.

But were definitely loose.

Yep I'm in the doom and gloom camp. Be nice to see the detractors back on NSC anyway.

larus

Prior to todays early kick-off, we were 12 points clear of Cardiff in 6th.

Cardiff were 13 points clear of Charlton in 22nd.

I think we can sometime forget that we are doing so well. We should not fear anyone in this league. We could lose, but we could just as easily get a result. The impact of a defeat on either team is different. To us, we'd still be top 2 and the unbeaten run over. OK, bit of a bummer. To Derby, they'd be 7 points behind and realising that it would be a big job to catch us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just an aside when other clubs fans beat us with a stick regarding attendances, everyone has been there...

Derby County (0) 0
Brighton & Hove Albion (0) 3

Penney, A. Young, Smith

Division Two, 17 March 1984.

Attendance 11,560

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
I can't remember being this nervous about a game for a long time.

I don't want us to get hammered and the bubble burst.

But also I feel we could win handsomely and then we would know for sure we are serious title contenders, let alone promotion!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Tomor to run them ragged and bobby to come on and score ?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sensible to give last week's match winner a start. As others have said he can run them ragged and then Zamora can come on and set up two late goals. Simple.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Stockdale

Bruno-Dunk-Greer-Calderon

Murphy-Stephens-Kayal-March

Hemed-Wilson

Feb 14, 2010
Hemed has just scored so give him a chance to start a goal scoring run. He also will work hard away from home and be interesting to see how he and Wilson start as a pair. As we dont know how they will play together then Derby wont either! Zamora there to come on if needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here